Microsoft Expression Media 2 (Win/Mac)
- Platform: Windows Mac
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: PHL-00576
- Stock Code: 014594
- More: Microsoft Expression
- Availability: SOLD OUT
With support for more than 100 media formats, Microsoft Expression Media 2 makes managing your digital universe a snap. Wherever your files are stored and whomever you collaborate with, Expression Media 2 supercharges the way you organize, find and share your digital media on your computer, offline or on the web.
Microsoft Expression Media is a fast and easy way to view, organize, and present the growing number of images, movies, sounds, fonts, and other media files that you have created or acquired. Whether you are a student, journalist, multimedia enthusiast, or creative professional, you want to be able to organize and browse your images, movies, and documents. Expression Media enables you to do those things, as well as enabling you to modify and share your media files in almost any multimedia or document format that you want.
- Catalog Media Visually - Expression Media enables you to create visual databases of media, called catalogs, containing references of up to 128,000 files per catalog. Store your files anywhere: shared folders, CDs, hard drives, or DVDs, and use integrated search tools to can find them in seconds--Expression Media will keep track of them all.
- Offline Workflow - Even when your originals are offline, Expression Media's visual catalogs allow you to browse, search, and annotate your assets.
- Organize Quickly - Drag-and-drop organizer allows you to quickly and easily import, organize, annotate and classify large volumes of your digital media files. Expression Media includes file system integration features, such as automatic synchronization and folder watching.
- Browse and Play Media (100+ formats) - Five different views to review images, listen to music or watch movies: List, Thumbnail, Media, Lightbox and Slide Show. Search and sort media by any criteria and even rename media files and folders directly within Expression Media.
- Review, Compare, Edit and Enhance - Select up to six files to compare side-by-side in full screen view. Built-in Image Editor provides a wide array of tools, from cropping and red-eye removal to creating duotones and adjusting color balance and several auto enhancements for quick and easy touch ups of your images. Includes support for built-in color profiles for greater color accuracy throughout the creative process.
- Add and Edit Metadata - Extract or create thumbnail and preview images from your digital files for quick visual cataloging. Import or export, add or edit metadata from those files for fast searching and sorting. Utilize industry standard metadata formats like EXIF, IPTC, and XMP for faultless interchange with other creative applications.
- Print, Repurpose, and Convert - Produce high-quality contact sheets and prints of any size and layout. Easy WYSIWYG printing with annotations, grids, headers and footers. Perform single or batch conversions of images, movies and audio files to a variety of formats, including for use in Microsoft Silverlight experiences (Windows only feature).
- Present and Share - Publish and distribute media with cross-platform slide shows, video, and Web galleries, or quickly export media into multiple formats for delivery to your client.
- Archive and Backup - Archive and backup all your prized digital media files, folders and catalogs to CD, DVD, hard disk or any mountable volume.
- Automate Tasks and Workflow - Nearly every feature can be batched making your workflow efficient and cost effective. The flexible, streamlined automation tools make organizing, editing, repurposing, distributing and archiving digital images nearly effortless. Expression Media also has rich scripting capabilities, and can also be easily integrated with third-party application and tools.
WHAT'S NEW IN EXPRESSION MEDIA 2
- Support of new file formats - Expression Media now supports the Microsoft Office 2007/2008 file formats DOCX, DOTX, PPTX, POTX, XLSX and XLT. Expression Media also now supports XAML, Design, XEJ (Expression Encoder Job), CSS, JS, and VBS file formats.
- Improved network performance - Expression Media now performs much more quickly across networks, and enables catalog locking so multiple users can access and view a catalog from a shared location while someone has it open and is editing it.
- Updates to the Info and Organize panels - Each panel contains new menus in annotation fields that include options for sorting images using either a union or an intersection of keywords.
- Hierarchical keywords - With the new Hierarchical Keywords section in the Organize panel, you can create and view hierarchies of keywords for your media files.
- Improved performance - Common tasks such as importing media, building catalogs, and creating thumbnails are now faster. Also, smart importing functionality prevents corrupted files from hindering import. Expression Media will continue the import even when it encounters corrupt files and will report any problematic files once the import is complete.
- Multi-monitor Light Table - You can increase your productivity by having the Light Table open on one monitor while your catalog and tools are open on another. There's no longer a need to switch back and forth between views.
- Silverlight web galleries - You can present your image collections in dynamic, rich, cross-platform Silverlight web galleries using the templates included in Expression Media.
- Changed QuickTime functionality - Although Expression Media no longer requires that you have QuickTime installed, you will see a "QT" logo next to features that require QuickTime in order to run properly.
- Windows Imaging Components - If QuickTime is not installed, then Expression Media uses the new WIC (Windows Imaging Component) for image encoding, decoding, and transformation, which are tasks that QuickTime performed.
- Catalog media from storage devices using Autoplay - You can place your files in a catalog directly from portable storage devices, such as USB drives and flash memory cards. When you insert storage devices that contain your media files, the resulting AutoPlay dialog box will offer you the choice of importing and cataloging those files immediately.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Mac OS X|
|Min CPU||1-GHz or faster processor / PowerPC or Intel processor|
|Min HDD||100 MB|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB recommended)|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor with 24-bit color|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Apple QuickTime 7.3.1 or later|
System RequirementsMICROSOFT WINDOWS:
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2 or Windows Vista operating system
- PC with 1 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB of RAM or more
- 100 MB of available hard-disk space
- Support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 graphics with Windows Vista Display Driver Model (WDDM) Driver, 128 MB of graphics RAM or more, Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware, 32-bits per pixel
- Windows Imaging Components (WIC) is required. Some WIC codecs are from third parties and may have unique system requirements. Some WIC codecs may not be available for Windows XP or 64-bit version of Windows operating systems
- DVD-ROM drive
- 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor with 24-bit color
- Some product features require Adobe Reader 7.0 or later, and Apple QuickTime 7.3.1 or later
- Internet functionality requires Internet access (additional fees may apply)
- Actual requirements and product functionality may vary based on your system configuration and operating system.
- Mac OS X version 10.4 or later
- PowerPC or Intel processor
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- 100 MB of available hard disk space
- Monitor set to Millions of Colors
- Apple QuickTime 7.3.1 or later
- Internet functionality requires Internet access (additional fees may apply)
- Actual requirements and product functionality may vary based on your system configuration and operating system
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.