Microsoft Expression Encoder 2 Upgrade
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Upgrade Edition
- MPN: FKA-00113
- Stock Code: 014593
- More: Microsoft Expression
- Availability: SOLD OUT
Expression Encoder 2 enables you to encode a wide variety of video formats, or stream from live sources like webcams and camcorders. Make simple edits to video files and enhance your media with overlays and advertising. Dial in the VC-1 encoding settings, choose from a range of player templates, and publish rich media experiences with Microsoft Silverlight.
- Fastest Path to Silverlight - With more than a dozen built in Silverlight media player templates, Expression Encoder offers the fastest way to publish media assets to the web in a Silverlight experience. Add a custom publishing plug-in to deliver finished content directly to your server or service.
- Cuts Editing - Make simple edits to clips directly in Expression Encoder. Cut out setup noise, mistakes or surprises from your video.
- VC-1 Quality - VC-1 is a SMPTE (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers) standard codec that is a part of both HD-DVD and Blu-ray high definition optical disc specifications. Expression Encoder v2 supports the newest VC-1 encoder features offering greater control, higher quality and multi-core, multi-processor performance improvements for your Silverlight media experiences.
- LIVE! - Live events offer a great way to deliver news, marketing or demo content to your customers in real-time. Expression Encoder offers simple setup and easy to use switching interface for mixing live and file-based content in your live production.
- Encoding for Everyone - Encoding has traditionally been a specialist's task. Finished video projects were thrown over a wall to a compression expert, using a specialized application to fine tune media for final delivery. Expression Encoder provides an artist friendly user interface and easy to use presets to enable everyone in the media production workflow to encode consistent, high-quality Silverlight experiences.
- Flexible File Import Support - Import files from the content creation application of your choice. AVI, QuickTime, MPEG and any codec with a DirectShow decoder can be imported into Expression Encoder and output as a WMV, ready for Silverlight.
- Intelligent Encoding - Import existing WMV content, make edits and add fades. Expression Encoder will identify changes to the source file and only re-encode the modified sections of the file and not the entire clip, saving time and maintaining compression quality.
- Mark Your Media - Watermark videos with still or animated overlays to define ownership or branding on viral videos. Add pre-roll advertising or legal disclaimers at the beginning and end of your video for total control of the viewing experience.
- Control - Use the new Expression Encoder Object Model to access our encoding engine from other applications or processes. Use job presets to save multiple settings in an encoding job and apply these settings as a batch process via the Object Model or the command line.
- Expression Media Integration - Use the powerful asset management tools to find and preview video and audio clips in Expression Media and then drag and drop the right clips to Expression Encoder for final output.
WHAT'S NEW IN EXPRESSION ENCODER 2
Microsoft Expression Encoder includes many new features to improve encoding quality.
- Modifying cuts - You can make simple edits to clips directly in Expression Encoder. You can cut setup noise, mistakes, or surprises from your video either by removing sections of the video or by setting a cut and trimming the in or out point of a particular segment.
- New VC-1 Codecs - Expression Encoder includes the latest implementation of the VC-1 codecs, which means that you get better video quality and faster encoding than before.
- Edit Silverlight templates in Microsoft Expression Blend 2 - You can export any of the default Silverlight templates into Expression Blend 2 to augment them in any way. Then, when you are done, you can save them and your edited templates will appear in Expression Encoder.
- Multi-core/multiprocessor support - Encode quickly using the added advantage of mulitple processors.. The new VC-1 codecs support both multiple cores and multiprocessor encoding.
- Control Silverlight template playback parameters - Before you encode, you can set the playback action of your Silverlight video, thereby controlling what happens when another user links to your video or loads it into the browser.
- Animated Overlays - With Expression Encoder, you can add animated watermarks to your videos. Import a XAML animation or a standard movie file, and Expression Encoder will embed the image onto the finished media. You can also use movie files that include alpha channels.
- High-quality preprocessing tools - The new audio and video preprocessing tools in Expression Encoder help ensure that you get high-quality encoded files. Using the video tools, you can remove 3:2 pulldown, and also select the best resize method for your encoded video.
- Interactive Timeline display - View all your script commands in an expanded timeline. Each command is represented by its own row on the Timeline, so that you can quickly view and adjust the location and duration of each of your commands.
- Object model - You can use the new Expression Encoder object model to control the encoding engine from your favorite .NET language.
- Server-side encoding - You can integrate Expression Encoder into managed workflows to automate the processing of large volumes of media.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Upgrade Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista|
|Min CPU||1 GHz or faster processor|
|Min HDD||1 GB|
|Min RAM||1 GB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor with 24-bit color|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2 or Windows Vista operating system
- PC with 1 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB of RAM or more
- 1 GB of available hard-disk space
- Support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 graphics with Windows Vista Display Driver Model (WDDM) Driver, 128 MB of graphics RAM or more, Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware, 32-bits per pixel
- DVD-ROM drive
- 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor with 24-bit color
- Internet functionality requires Internet access (additional fees may apply)
- Actual requirements and product functionality may vary based on your system configuration and operating system.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.