Microsoft Expression Blend 2
Microsoft Expression Blend 2 is your tool for harnessing the power of XAML, .NET framework 3.5, and Silverlight to deliver compelling user experiences for connected desktops and the web. Seamless collaboration with developers allows your ideas to be quickly realized while you retain full creative control over the design.
- Modern Interface - Enjoy Expression Blend's uniquely scalable, design oriented interface built using the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and concentrate on the process of design instead of digging through nested menus and rearranging floating palettes that are always in the way. Expression Blend's interface maximizes the space for your work and includes features such as a dynamically filterable Properties panel to help you find what you're looking for instantly.
- Design for Desktop and Web - Leverage the full power of WPF on the desktop and Silverlight on the internet to provide your audience with big-impact, high-performance user experiences that drive brand recognition and repeat use.
- WYSIWYG Design Surface - Composite your vector and bitmap artwork, video, audio, rich text, controls, and containers, and create custom vector elements using sophisticated layout and snapping tools with real-time feedback. Make immediate creative decisions based on live previews of interface elements including those dynamically bound to each other or to external data sources.
- Over 30 Controls and Containers - Add standard controls such as buttons, scroll bars, list boxes, menus, radio buttons, and checkboxes-or composite multiple control elements together to form compound controls. Expand your interface by including advanced controls and layout functions, such as ready-made gridsplitters, ink canvases, treeviews, expanders, sliders, rich text boxes, tab controls, and toolbars.
- Professional Timeline - Expression Blend has a world-class timeline that is based on time instead of abstract frames. Animate individual properties of objects along one or more timelines by setting property keyframes, using onscreen motion path editing for precise trajectory control.
- Styling and Customization - Expression Blend includes versions of the standard Windows controls that are easy to visually style and customize enabling applications that are a perfect fit for their purpose. Add animation, graphics, 3D, and video as design elements to any control, including interactive, state-based effects. Define your own reusable custom styles or apply standard Windows themes then drag and drop to reuse your styles and templates across screens and projects.
- True 3D - Import geometry from leading 3D authoring tools, or create models directly in Expression Blend. Then easily manipulate and animate in true 3D, using camera position, surface materials, z-space animation, and surface texture mapping.
- Databinding - Bind your interface elements to each other, to user input, or to data from Web services and .NET objects, so that your interface updates dynamically and your application comes to life even before writing code.
- XAML - Directly edit XAML code in either code or split view complete with colored syntax highlighting. All changes on the design surface are directly reflected in the code view and vice versa so you maintain total control of the details of your design.
- Visual Studio Integration - Productivity is enhanced by seamlessly sharing projects, Silverlight, WPF, as well as in-progress XAML designs with Visual Studio. This enables designers and developers to quickly build and test iterative revisions of the application's functionality and design, as well as allowing enhanced development capabilities - debugging, Web services design, and enterprise application lifecycle management, without impacting your design freedom.
WHAT'S NEW IN EXPRESSION BLEND 2
Microsoft Expression Blend 2 lets you create Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications as well as Microsoft Silverlight 1.0-based applications. Additionally, you can export content from Microsoft Expression Design in a format that you can use in Silverlight 1.0 applications. You may also find Microsoft Expression Encoder 2 to be helpful when you are working with video, Silverlight, and Expression Blend 2.
- Silverlight Support - Expression Blend 2 supports Silverlight 1.0 projects, which are created as website projects instead of application projects. This improves interoperability with Visual Studio 2008.
- Visual Studio 2008 Support - Expression Blend 2 can open and work with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 projects and solutions. By default, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) projects that are created in Expression Blend 2 are now Visual Studio 2008 solutions, whether targeting the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or the .NET Framework 3.5.
- Synchronized file changes - When you modify a Silverlight site project in Expression Blend 2 and Visual Studio at the same time, any changes that you make in Visual Studio are immediately applied in Expression Blend.
- Making controls from existing objects - Expression Blend 2 contains new functionality that lets you refactor (in other words, convert) existing graphical content into a control that you can reuse (instantiate). Selected elements, their referenced resources, and referenced animations are refactored into the new control.
- Split view and XAML editor improvements - Expression Blend 2 lets you view an open document in both Design view and XAML view at the same time. You can do this by selecting the new Split tab on the right side of the artboard. Changes to your document immediately appear in both the Design and XAML windows in Split view, whether the changes are made to objects, storyboards, styles, templates, keyframes, and so on.
- Storyboard picker - The storyboard picker replaces the old Storyboard box. The picker consists of a label to indicate the name of the selected storyboard (if a storyboard is selected), a shortcut menu (available when you right-click the label), a shortcut button (and resulting shortcut menu), and a Close button to close all storyboards and exit recording mode. Both the shortcut menu and the shortcut menu let you create a New storyboard, and if a storyboard is already selected, you can Duplicate, Reverse, or Delete the selected storyboard.
- Storyboard and keyframe properties - Expression Blend 2 contains new functionality for setting properties on storyboards and on keyframes in the Properties panel. When you have a storyboard selected, you can set a property to change the repeat behavior, and to make it reverse when it reaches the end. Note that you can change these properties only after you click the storyboard label.
- Key spline Editor - When you have one or more keyframes selected in a storyboard, you can change the easing behavior between keyframes by using the new key spline graphical editor under Easing in the Properties panel. You can drag the endpoints on the graph, or set specific values.
- Vertex Animation - Expression Blend 2 contains new functionality for animating individual vertices (points and tangents) on a line. Previously, if you modified a vertex when in animation recording mode, the original shape of the object was permanently modified. Now, you can animate individual vertices on a path, you can convert between line and Bezier segments, and you can add vertices to an existing animated path.
- Clip path editing and animating - Expression Blend 2 now enables you to modify clipping paths on the artboard after you create them. You can also animate the individual vertices of clipping paths, and you can release a clipping path without losing the original path object.
- Drawing brush resource editing - Expression Blend 2 now enables you to modify an existing drawing brush resource by dragging the drawing brush from the Resources panel to the artboard, selecting Copy DrawingBrush to Canvas on the shortcut menu, modifying the parts of the drawing brush on the canvas, and then right-clicking the canvas to move or copy the canvas back into the drawing brush resource.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista|
|Min CPU||PC with 1 GHz or faster processor|
|Min HDD||350 MB|
|Min RAM||512 MB or more|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor with 24-bit color|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2 or Windows Vista operating system
- PC with 1 GHz or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- 350 MB of available hard-disk space
- Support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 graphics with Windows Vista Display Driver Model (WDDM) Driver, 128 MB of graphics RAM or more, Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware, 32-bits per pixel
- DVD-ROM drive
- 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution monitor with 24-bit color
- Actual requirements and product functionality may vary based on your system configuration and operating system.
Note: Includes Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition. For system requirements please visit www.microsoft.com/vstudio .
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.