Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard (x64) - 5 CALs
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 312-03977
- Stock Code: 016405
- More: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Availability: Call For Availability
With Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard, users can access their mailboxes from wherever they go, with full support for Outlook, a premium web browser experience, and access from a wide range of mobile devices.
- More storage options make it possible to offer users low cost large mailboxes so they can access all their essential information in one place
- Calendar sharing allows users to share free/busy information with colleagues, even if they work at another company
- Email archiving, eDiscovery Search, retention policies, and legal hold to help you preserve and discover data
- Security policies let you create approved mobile device lists, enforce PIN lock, and remotely wipe data from lost phones.
- Choice of deployment options including Exchange Server on-premises, Exchange Online in the cloud, and hybrid deployment options
Built to deliver the enterprise-grade security and reliability that businesses require, Microsoft Exchange provides email, calendar and contacts on your PC, phone and web browser.
- Support for a variety of browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome, allows you to work and collaborate no matter where you are
- Mobile sync to hundreds of devices, including Windows Phone, iPhone, and Android, means you can access and update your info while on the go
- Multi-layered anti-spam filtering with continuous updates helps guard against spam and phishing threats
- A new, unified approach to high availability and disaster recovery helps your business achieve increased levels of reliability
Cost & Time Saving
With an architecture that enables dramatic cost savings in storage, Exchange Server also delivers powerful features that save IT staff’s time while equipping users with the latest tools to increase their productivity.
- A greater choice of storage hardware options, including Direct Attached Storage and Storage Area Networks, and support for less expensive disks that can dramatically lower overall storage costs
- A new high availability, disaster recovery and backup solution reduces the cost of delivering business continuity
- Role-based access control, self-service capabilities, and web-based administration tools, allow you to delegate tasks to users without giving them full administrative rights. This reduces the burden on IT staff and lowers operational costs
- The built-in capabilities of Exchange ActiveSync allow you to avoid device management costs and support users on virtually any mobile device
Advanced Email Security
Exchange Server 2010 makes it easier to protect both your data and messaging system. With Exchange Server 2010, you get:
- Automatic encryption at both the channel and message levels to help control access to data and ensure trusted communications both inside and outside the network
- Multi-layered anti-spam filtering comes with continuous updates to help guard against increasingly sophisticated spam and phishing threats
- To protect against malware, leading anti-virus solutions can be integrated throughout the Exchange 2010 network
Outlook Web App in Microsoft Exchange
Exchange 2010 and Microsoft Outlook Web App deliver a rich, familiar web-based email experience that allows you to:
- Access email, voicemail, instant messages, and SMS text messages directly from your inbox using any of the major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome)
- Use Conversation View to see messages in context, making it easier to manage email more efficiently and reduce inbox overload
- Share your calendar with colleagues both inside and outside the organization
- Check other users’ availability with the presence indicator and choose the best mode of communication - email, instant message, or SMS
Mobile Email with Exchange ActiveSync
Exchange 2010 supports a comprehensive mobile experience delivered by Exchange ActiveSync:
- A truly universal inbox on your mobile device that can includes email, voicemail, rights-protected messages, calendar requests, RSS feeds, saved instant message conversations, and more
- Over-the-air sync on hundreds of compatible devices so email, contacts, and calendar are always up to date
- Greater control over device access with policy support and allow/block/quarantine lists, including exceptions down to the individual user level
- No need to purchase or manage a separate system or buy additional licenses for mobile access - it's all included with Exchange 2010
Microsoft has also created the Exchange ActiveSync logo program to ensure that customers and IT pros have a seamless experience with setup, support, and use of qualified devices. More details about the program can be found on TechNet.
Email Archiving and Retention
Email holds much of the information businesses use daily, making the need to easily preserve and search this information essential. Exchange 2010 offers searchable, legally-compliant email archiving for all users:
- Users can easily access their own email archives within their Inbox
- Automatic archiving eliminates the need to monitor user archiving
- Easy to search across multiple end-user mailboxes at once
- No need to purchase and maintain a separate email archiving product
Mailbox Resiliency in Microsoft Exchange
Exchange 2010 offers improved storage performance and new resiliency features so users can have bigger and more reliable mailboxes without an increase in cost. With Exchange 2010, you get:
- Dramatically improved uptime through sub 30-second failover times and the ability to switch between database copies when disks fail
- Ability to configure a database availability group of up to 16 mailbox servers for automatic, database-level recovery from failures, all managed from within Microsoft Exchange
- Continuous access to communications even while a mailbox is being relocated via Online Mailbox Move feature
- The ability to use larger and less expensive disks for Exchange storage
Email Information, Protection, and Control in Exchange 2010
To help prevent unauthorized and accidental distribution of data, Exchange 2010 can automatically inspect email and apply appropriate controls:
- For less sensitive communications, automated alerts remind users about potential data risks or policy violations without restricting delivery
- For more sensitive messages, transport rules can be configured to block, re-route or modify messages as appropriate
- Additional transport rules include the ability to send a message for review before delivery and protect messages with Information Rights Management (IRM)
- Support for IRM also enables systems to search, journal and apply anti-virus and anti-spam filtering to IRM-protected messages
Voicemail with Unified Messaging in Microsoft Exchange
Unified Messaging in Exchange 2010 saves time and money while offering users more convenient access to voicemail messages. Exchange 2010 provides:
- Voicemail and email messages consolidated into a universal inbox
- Voicemail preview that allows you to read your voicemail messages
- Customized greetings and call transfer options to reduce the likelihood of missing an important call
- Removes the need to purchase or manage a separate voicemail system
Email Management Tools in Exchange
Exchange 2010 provides new tools and management approaches that give users more control and make your help desk more efficient. With Exchange 2010, you can:
- Delegate permissions to responsible users based on job function without giving them access to the entire Exchange management interface. Tasks such as performing multi-mailbox searches no longer have to be the sole responsibility of IT
- Empower users to manage distribution lists, track messages, and edit personal information - tasks that represent a significant percentage of help desk calls in many organizations
- Manage the Exchange environment remotely using the new Web-based Exchange Control Panel (ECP), or the improved PowerShell 2.0, also known as Remote PowerShell
Deployment Flexibility in Microsoft Exchange
Whether deploying on-premises, in the cloud, or in a combination of the two, Exchange 2010 helps reduce costs and provides tools to simplify the deployment experience. Exchange 2010 allows you to:
- Drive down the cost of storage by offering additional storage architecture choices in on-premises deployments
- Use hardware virtualization to consolidate multiple under-utilized physical servers in on-premises deployments
- Simplify deployment with custom instructions for installing or upgrading to Exchange 2010
- Perform migrations during normal business hours without taking users offline
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||5 Clients|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard and Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and Enterprise Edition|
|Min CPU||Intel processor that supports Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T) or AMD processor that supports the AMD64 platform|
|Min HDD||At least 1.2 GB on the drive used for installation|
|Min RAM||Minimum of 4GB of RAM per server plus 5MB of RAM recommended for each mailbox|
|Min Screen Requirements||800x600 pixels or higher|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, Windows PowerShell v2.0|
To run Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 you need:
Computer - An x64 architecture-based computer with Intel processor that supports Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T) or AMD processor that supports the AMD64 platform; Intel Itanium family IA64 processors are not supported.
Operating system - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard and Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and Enterprise Edition.
Operating system - for installing management tools?The 64-bit editions Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008. Note: Requirements only for management tools installation.
Additional requirements to run Exchange Server 2010
Memory - Minimum of 4 gigabytes (GB) of RAM per server plus 5 megabytes (MB) of RAM recommended for each mailbox.
- At least 1.2 GB on the drive used for installation.
- An additional 500 MB of available disk space for each Unified Messaging (UM) language pack that you plan to install.
- 200 MB of available disk space on the system drive.
- Drive - DVD-ROM drive, local or network-accessible.
- File format - Disk partitions formatted as NTFS file systems.
- Monitor - Screen resolution 800x600 pixels or higher.
Exchange Server 2010 prerequisites
If these prerequisites are not already installed, the Exchange Server 2010 setup process will prompt and provide links to the installation locations; Internet access is required if the prerequisites are not already installed or available on a local network.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Windows PowerShell v2.0
Detailed technical requirements
Actual requirements will vary based on system configuration and specific features installed. For more detailed system requirements, please visit the Exchange Server 2010 Technical Documentation Library.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.