Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard - 5 CAL Device Add-On Pack
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 has been designed specifically to meet the above challenges and address the needs of the different groups who each have a stake in the messaging system. Exchange Server 2007 will help you get the advanced protection your business needs and the anywhere access that your employees demand, combined with the operational efficiency that is critical in today's difficult IT environment.
Exchange Server 2007 offers built-in protective technologies to keep your business moving, reduce spam and viruses, enable confidential communications, and help your company to be compliant.
- Anti-spam and Antivirus - Built-in defenses against spam and phishing e-mail, as well as additional integrated filtering and multi-engine scanning capabilities, provide advanced protection. 1
- Confidential Messaging - New encryption features for both internal and Internet-based messages help protect the confidentiality of messages in transit.
- Compliance - Controls for messages in transport, or requiring retention, and flexible journaling help meet organizational, legal, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Business Continuity - New data replication capabilities (local and clustered) keep the system highly available while limiting the need for and frequency of tape backup.
With Exchange Server 2007, employees get virtually anywhere access 2 to their e-mail, voice mail, calendars, and contacts from a variety of clients and devices.
- Collaboration and Productivity - Enhanced calendaring, out-of-office, resource booking, and meeting scheduling capabilities simplify collaboration and increase productivity.
- Unified Messaging - New Exchange Unified Messaging goes beyond e-mail to deliver more types of communications to the inbox, including faxes and voice mail, as well as offering new capabilities such as voice access from any standard phone.
- Web-based Messaging - A rich Microsoft Office Outlook--like experience from any Internet-connected computer with a supported browser provides encrypted access to the inbox, powerful search, and the ability to view different types of attachments.
- Mobile Messaging - Exchange ActiveSync technology delivers an improved e-mail and calendaring experience on mobile devices, while offering enhanced device and security policy control.
Exchange Server 2007 enables new levels of operational efficiency through capabilities that optimize hardware and networking investments and features that help make administrators more productive.
- Performance and Scalability - Improved storage efficiency can be achieved through the extended memory and larger cache of x64-based architecture even as mailbox sizes and the number of user accounts per server increase; more efficient routing ensures the best use of bandwidth.
- Administration - New graphical and command-line interfaces offer improved manageability and increased automation while integrated tools simplify maintenance.
- Deployment - Modular setup and server provisioning based on server roles, as well as capabilities to automatically discover Office Outlook and mobile clients simplify deployment.
- Extensibility and Programmability - New Web services--based application programming interface (API) and .NET integration via Exchange Management Shell tasks enable rapid development for custom and third-party applications.
The Outlook Experience
Exchange Server 2007 integrates with the broadest range of clients. It supports a complete Office Outlook experience, from Outlook on the desktop to Outlook Web Access, Outlook Mobile, and the new Outlook Voice Access, a feature of Exchange Unified Messaging. Exchange Server 2007 also integrates with Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services and other Microsoft Office applications, as well as third-party systems and devices.
1 Exchange Hosted Filtering and Microsoft ForefrontÃ¢ÂÂ¢ Security for Exchange Server are both available with the Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Client Access License.
2Anywhere access requires Internet connectivity. Outlook Voice Access requires phone connectivity.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Licence Package|
|License Quantity||5 Users|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or a later version, or Windows Server 2003 Windows Server 2003 R2|
|Min CPU||See Extra Details|
|Min HDD||1.2 GB|
|Min RAM||2 GB|
|Min Screen Requirements||800x600|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0|
- x64 architecture-based computer with Intel processor that supports Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T) or AMD processor that supports the AMD64 platform
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1�or a later version, or Windows Server 2003�Windows Server 2003 R2
- 1.2 GB (200 MB required on system drive)
- 2 GB of RAM
- 800 x 600 pixels or higher
- File format: Disk partitions must be formatted for the NTFS file system, not the file allocation table (FAT) file system
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC) 3.0
- Windows PowerShell
- Microsoft Active Directory; applies to all server roles except for Edge Transport
- Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM) with Service Pack 1; applies to Edge Transport server role
- Outlook Anywhere (RPC/HTTP) requires Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or Office Outlook 2003 on Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later or Windows Server 2003
- Intel Itanium family IA64 processors are not supported
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.