Microsoft Excel 2011 Mac
Excel for Mac 2011 helps you analyze, organize, and manage all your data and lists. Then save, edit, and share online.
With Excel 2011 for Mac, everyone from beginners to professional number crunchers can quickly create great-looking financial reports.
- CONDITIONAL FORMATTING - Display your data visually. Create rich, visually compelling datasheets and tables with icons, data bars, and color scales. See enhancements like borders, solid colors, and negative values, as well as pre-packaged choices for formatting and filtering, including ''Top 10,'' ''Bottom 10%,'' ''Text That Contains,'' and more.
- SPARKLINES - See trends within your data--and the big picture. Sparklines are thumbnail-sized charts that permit users to view large volumes of data at a glance, enabling the easy spotting of trends in time-series data, or trendlines. Data can be expressed in bar, line, or column form. Sparklines are based on the OfficeArt engine, so they are rendered with very high quality and fidelity. They may also be ''themed'' to adopt specific color sets
- TABLES - Manage your data. Organize, filter, and format related data with Excel tables. Make managing and analyzing a group of related data easier, you can turn a range of cells into an easily viewed and manipulated Excel table. You can even insert more than one table into a single worksheet.
- PIVOT TABLES - Summarize your data. Spend less time sifting through data, and more time analyzing with automatic PivotTables. The popular PivotTable feature distills large sets of data into crisp summaries, and easily shows the cross-tabular relationships between variables in the data. And in Excel 2011, PivotTables are more compatible with Windows Excel and have been redesigned for ease of use.
- VISUAL BASIC - Program easily across platforms. In enterprise situations where there is a mix of PCs and Macs, the Visual Basic feature works easily across all platforms. Visual Basic offers new features including IntelliSense and watch windows, as well as the Visual Basic debugging toolbar and new debugging tools.
- Smarter, sharper ways to visualize and present your data. In Excel 2011, Sparklines give you the ability to easily create charts and graphs that quickly summarize your data. With Sparklines, also available in Windows-based Office 2010, you can see--and show--the story your data is telling, in a compact space. And Excel 2011 PivotTables are easily manipulated and highly compatible with the Windows version--making working with your data even easier and more intuitive.
- EXCEL WEB APP - Access your files anywhere. Post, access, edit, and share your files from virtually anywhere. Excel is now integrated with Windows Live SkyDrive so that your documents can be stored, viewed, edited, and shared in the cloud from any computer with Internet access. Supported browsers include Internet Explorer on Windows, Safari on Windows or Mac, Firefox on Windows or Mac.
WHAT's NEW IN EXCEL?
EASY, FAMILIAR TOOLS:-
- The tools you want, when you want them-The new Microsoft Office for Mac ribbon helps you find the features and commands you want to complete tasks quickly.You'll find the commands you already know how to use, in an intuitive, easy–to-use interface, right at the top of the application window. Your home base is the Home tab, which holds the most frequently used tools, such as font and paragraph formatting. Other commonly used tools, such as those for page layout, tables, charts, and SmartArt, can be found on their own tabs.In addition, specialized tools appear on the ribbon when you need them. When you format a chart, the Chart Layout tab appears to reveal tools to customize the chart and give your workbook a more professional appearance. Click any cell, and the tools on the Home tab appear again.Want to adapt the ribbon to your particular style of working? You can customize it by rearranging tabs and showing or hiding group titles in a tab.
- Manage your data by using Excel tables-Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011 helps you organize data easily. Quickly create, format, and expand an Excel table or apply designer-quality styles to give tables a professional appearance. It's also become easy to clean up data in tables. You can delete duplicate table rows with the click of a button.
- Summarize your data with PivotTables-Spend less time sifting data and more time analyzing it with PivotTable reports. The new PivotTable user interface helps you find insights and relationships in your data. And Excel makes it easy to get started with PivotTables because you can automatically build a table with a single click. After you create a PivotTable, take advantage of features to summarize, analyze, and format your PivotTable data. Use styles and banded reports to make your data look professional and attractive.
- See just what you want to see-The improved Excel filter helps you sift and sort large amounts of data, so you see only the data that you care about. In addition to sorting and filtering based on values, you can now find data based on cell color, font color, or cell icons. You can also combine criteria to filter for the precise data that you're interested in. Have long lists of data? No problem. Let the improved search do the looking for you.
- Bring meaning to the surface–with bold visual indicators-You can visually annotate your data for both analytical and presentation purposes by using conditional formatting. Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011 makes it easy to find exceptions and spot important trends in your data. Apply gradient colors, data bars, and icon sets to the values on the cell table. Apply the most popular conditional formatting options with just one click on the new Excel ribbon.
- Spot trends by using sparklines-Sparklines are tiny charts that fit within a cell. They give you at-a-glance insights into your data. Sparklines reveal patterns to help you see trends, such as seasonal increases or decreases, economic cycles, or maximum or minimum values. Sparklines do more than just present data – they can help you immediately discern what your data really means.
- Make every document look professional-The Excel Workbook Gallery provides professional-grade templates that you can customize by adding your own words, pictures, and favorite themes. Templates make it easy to perform common tasks in Excel, such as budgeting, creating calendars, and more.The Excel Workbook Gallery displays templates in a large format that lets you see layouts, graphics, and fonts at a glance. And you're not limited to the colors and fonts of the built-in designs. The color and font menus within the Template Gallery provide choices to customize and create a document that reflects your style.Don't see what you need? Use the search tool to quickly locate the type of document that you want to create and then preview it with the colors and fonts you prefer without even opening the document.
- Access your files anywhere-You know that with your purchase of Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011, you have a professional, creative, and powerful application for the desktop. But did you know that Excel for Mac now also gives you access to your documents anywhere, anytime? The Microsoft Excel Web App, an online extension of Excel on your computer, extends your workspace to the Internet. Now, whether you're in the office, at home, or on the road, the Microsoft Excel Web app lets you easily post, access, edit, and share your documents--all in one place. You can share documents with anyone, anywhere, even if he or she doesn't own Excel. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection and a supported browser.From the browser, you can check spelling as you type, apply font and paragraph formatting, and use other familiar tools, such as AutoCorrect. Make and save your changes, and you're done!
- Finish your work sooner-Whether at work or at home, you can boost efficiency and save time by using Visual Basic, available in Excel for Mac 2011. Create macros to automate tasks and add customization (menus, dialogs, and so on) to Office documents, so you can focus on being creative, not repetitive.
- Protect valuable information assets-Help protect valuable digital information , such as financial reports, product specifications, customer data, and e-mail messages, from unauthorized people by using Information Rights Management (IRM) to restrict permissions. Choose from a variety of permission policies to define who can open, modify, print, forward, or take other actions with the information. IRM helps you restrict access to just those people whom you want to see the information. Content with restricted permission can only be created by using Microsoft Office for Mac Standard 2011.
- Help prevent unauthorized access to important information-Excel for Mac has improved password protection to help prevent unauthorized access to important information. It provides several layers of security and protection to control who can access and change the data in a workbook.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later|
|Min CPU||A Mac computer with an Intel processor|
|Min HDD||2.5 GB|
|Min RAM||1 GB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1280x800|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- A Mac computer with an Intel processor.
- Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later.
- 1 GB of RAM recommended.
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space.
- HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus).
- DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network).
- 1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor.
Additional items or services are required to use some features:
- Certain online functionality requires a Windows Live ID.
- Outlook® and certain features require Internet access (fees may apply).
- Exchange support in Outlook 2011 requires connectivity to Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 RU4 or later.
- Access to files stored on a SharePoint server requires connectivity to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 or later.
- Co-authoring requires SharePoint 2010 or a Windows Live ID.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.