Microsoft Accounting 2008 Professional
Office Accounting Professional 2008 helps you find the right information at the right time, so you can make better-informed business decisions. Plus, new features will help you sell products online, get paid faster, work easily with your accountant, and more.
Save Time and Work More Efficiently
To a small business, time is money. Small business owners cannot afford to spend a lot of time learning new software. Office Accounting Professional 2008 is easy to learn and use because it has the familiar look and feel of other Microsoft Office programs. Office Accounting Professional 2008 integrates tightly with other Microsoft Office system programs so you save time managing everyday tasks and work more efficiently.Easy to learn and use
- Office Accounting Professional 2008 is an intuitive program that's easy to set up and use. No training is needed. Follow the easy, step-by-step instructions in the Startup Wizard to get up and running in minutes.
- Use the Startup Wizard to quickly import your existing financial data from other sources, such as Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Money, and Intuit QuickBooks.
- Get to work fast with a familiar user interface that looks and feels like the Microsoft Office programs you use every day.
Save time managing everyday tasks
Deep integration with other Microsoft Office programs helps streamline necessary but time-consuming and repetitive accounting tasks. Office Accounting Professional 2008 can help you get more done in less time.
- Easily share and reuse customer information across different forms and other Microsoft Office programs without having to retype the same data, reducing the potential for error and saving time.
- Track your expenses, pay bills, do online banking, and simplify the payroll process using the Office Accounting Professional 2008 integrated payroll services.1
- Track and manage employees' billable time, job costs, and inventory.
- Save time with online banking. Download bank transactions, and import them into your general ledger.
- Use with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager to quickly create quotes, sales orders, and customer invoices without having to transfer information from one application to another.
Office Accounting Professional 2008 keeps all of your financial data and business information in one place. Such consolidation enables you to easily find the information you need to make better-informed business decisions.
- Use the company home page to get a snapshot view of your company's fiscal health, critical tasks, and reminders -- all on one screen.
- Use the Cash Flow Analyzer to help you easily manage and forecast your financial situation.
- Take advantage of more than 70 customizable reports that help you gain insight into all aspects of your business. Tailor the reports to meet your specific business needs.
- Use the Accountant Transfer Export Wizard to share your company's financial information with an accountant, and synchronize any changes automatically.
- Create budgets and then compare your actual results to your projections.
Features in Office Accounting Professional 2008 help you easily sell online, get paid faster, and gain easy access to credit reports.
- Sell your products and services through Internet marketplaces such as eBay.1
- Get paid faster by offering your customers the PayPal payment option. Send invoices in an e-mail message with an integrated PayPal option.1
- Order an Equifax credit report to help you evaluate customers, prospects, and business risks.1
WHAT'S NEW IN OFFICE ACCOUNTING 2008.Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2008 includes the following new and improved features:
- New! Spanish language edition: Manage your business in Spanish or English. Switch between languages in just a few clicks, so you can manage your accounting, create invoices and print reports in the language of your choice.
- New! Office Accounting Resource Center: Get the most out of Office Accounting with demos, step-by-step guides, training videos and community forums, all conveniently available with one click in Office Accounting.
- New! Universal Import of Transactions: Import your existing financial data including transaction history from virtually any accounting package into Office Accounting via Excel or CSV files.
- Improved! Streamlined Excel data import: No need to map fields from your spreadsheet to Office Accounting. Simply paste your accounting data into our preformatted Excel spreadsheet for easy import into Office Accounting.
- Improved! Business templates: Choose from dozens of industry templates and Office Accounting automatically configures itself to how you run your business.
- New! Budgeting tools: Easily create a budget in Office Accounting and track how your budget compares with your actual results.
- New! Bulk e-mail of documents: Mail merge Office Accounting data so you can email PDF or Word statements, invoices and other documents to multiple customers in one transaction.
- New! Scheduled Documents: Memorize your recurring transactions such as invoices or purchase orders to ensure nothing falls through the cracks. Recurring transactions appear as reminders on your company dashboard on the date you set.
- New! Convert sales orders into purchase orders: Save time and eliminate additional data entry by automatically generating a purchase order from a sales order.
- New! Reorder Inventory: Automatically create purchase orders to replenish inventory that has fallen below a minimum level you set.
- Improved! Bulk processing of transactions: Process multiple transactions such as customer invoices, vendor payments or purchase orders all at once to save time.
- Improved! Enhanced reporting and analysis tool pack: Create your own Excel and Access reports and add them to the list of standard reports for easier access. Powerful analysis tools are now incorporated directly into Office Accounting for easier access.
- Improved! Expanded online banking features: Office Accounting supports more financial institutions than ever and sports a streamlined online banking sign-up process. And you can now synchronize vendors in Office Accounting 2008 with online payees you've set up with your bank.
- Improved! Preferred vendors: Designate preferred vendors for certain documents to reduce data entry and save time.
- Improved! Status watermarks: Print professional looking watermarks such as Paid or Not Paid on documents you send to customers.
- New! Accountant Business Template Export: CPAs can set up clients with a custom chart of accounts based on a template they create.
- New! Show/Hide voided documents: Instantly see voided transactions so you can more easily spot mistakes or unusual transactions.
1 Additional subscription and fees may be required.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP SP2 / Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later|
|Min CPU||1 gigahertz (GHz) processor or higher|
|Min HDD||2 GB|
|Min RAM||512 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768 or higher resolution monitor|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
To use Microsoft Office Accounting 20081 , you will need:
- Microsoft Windows XP SP 2 or Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later operating system
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) processor or higher
- 512 MB RAM or higher
- 2 GB: A portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive.
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- 1024x768 or higher resolution monitor
- Microsoft Office Word 2002 or later is required to create customized invoices, sales orders, quotes, customer credit memos, customer statements, and purchase orders.
- Microsoft Office XP (any edition) or later is required to export data to Microsoft Office Word or Excel.
- To share data among multiple computers, the host computer must be running Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later, or Windows XP Professional SP2 or later. 2
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, 32 bit browser only. Internet functionality requires Internet access (fees may apply). Third-party services are available for additional fees.
Additional Microsoft technologies are required to use certain features:
- Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS Add-in, Word 2007, or Outlook 2007, is required to send documents as e-mail attachments in PDF or XPS format.
- Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager SP4 or later is required to share financial data.
- Excel 2003 or later required to use Excel reports in Analysis Tools
- Actual requirements and product functionality may vary based on your system configuration and operating system.
1 Microsoft Office Accounting 2008 is available in the U.S. and U.K. only.
2 Connecting more than one user at the same time requires multiple licenses.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.