McAfee Internet Security for Mac 2013 - 1 User
McAfee Internet Security for Mac 2013 provide Comprehensive Mac security to freely explore the web. Mac users are not vulnerable to the same viruses and threats that have traditionally plagued PCs but the Internet has leveled the playing field. Mac users are now just as susceptible to online risks as PC users. With the rise in adoption of the Mac OS, hackers and thieves are increasingly focusing their efforts to develop attacks that will work on Macs.
What Mac users are up against on the Internet
- Online phishing scams along with the prevalence of other malicious programs have increased by 50%* in the past few years
- 11 million people were victims of online identity theft last year**
- 5% of all web sites are malicious, putting you at risk for fraud, identity theft, and dangerous downloads that you might unknowingly pass along to others***
*2009 IC3 Annual Report, Internet Crime Complaint Center
**"2010 Identity Fraud Survey Report: Identity Fraud Continues to Rise â New Accounts Fraud Drives Increase; Consumer Costs at an All-Time Low." Javelin Strategy and Research, Feb 2010
***"The Ghost In The Browser Analysis of Web-based Malware." Google, Inc. May 2007
What Mac users are risking by being unprotected
- Phishing scams and social networking website attacks are on the rise and can result in identity theft
- Malware not only harms your Mac but it can steal your personal information
- Malicious software also puts friends and family at risk if you send them potentially damaging email or files
The McAfee solution
McAfee Internet Security for Mac 2013 is comprehensive protection against hackers, identity theft, phishing scams, malware, viruses and more. It protects you from dangerous websites, letting you explore the web without worry.
Features and Benefits
- Go online protected against cyber attacks or malicious websites
Protects against harmful programs that monitor, collect and sell your personal information.
- Freely surf, search and browse the web
McAfee SiteAdvisor technology indicates website safety ratings before you click with red, yellow or green color codes. It also recognizes phishing sites and blocks them.
- Shop, bank, and trade online more securely
Identity protection, anti-phishing and Site Advisor software all help keep you safe during financial transactions.
- Keep uninvited guests from accessing your computer when you're online
McAfee firewall restricts access to your computer and files when you are online.
- Know that you're protected from future Internet threats
McAfee catches Internet threats before they reach you, the perfect insurance against emerging threats.
- Freely download files and receive email attachments
Scans and cleans downloaded files and attachments from email and IM programs.
- Safely use any external drive
Scans any external drive for potential threats to your Mac.
- Keep your Mac family and friends safe
Protects against viruses, trojans, worms, bots, and root-kits. Repairs and removes infections from files without damaging format or contents.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Apple Mac OS X 10.5 or higher|
|Min CPU||Intel Processor|
|Min HDD||150 MB|
System RequirmentsOperating Systems
- Apple Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
- Apple Computer with Intel Processor
- 1GB RAM or higher
- 150 MB of available free drive space
- Internet connection
- Mozilla Firefox version 3.0 and above
- Safari Version 3.0 and above
- McAfee SiteAdvisor is currently supported by Firefox browser only
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.