McAfee Family Protection 2013 - 3 Users
McAfee Family Protection 2013 protects children of all ages from exposure to inappropriate content, social networking risks, strangers, and other threats.
- Easy - Fast, simple age appropriate settings enabling parents to provide a safe Internet experience in minutes.
- Effective - Powerful online protection that prevents children from accidentally viewing inappropriate content.
- Complete - Advanced features, including content and social networking controls, adapt and protect children of all ages as their online interests change.
McAfee Family Protection is proven to be easy-to-use and built to empower parents to say “yes” to their children’s online interests knowing they will be safe as they learn and explore. Our unique YouTube filtering technology prevents exposure to objectionable content yet gives children access to appropriate videos. If you are always on-the-go, you can be notified instantly by email and/or text* if any access to inappropriate sites is attempted. With McAfee Family Protection, you have the peace of mind that your children are safe to learn, explore, and enjoy the internet.
Features and Benefits
- Protects from exposure to adult content
- Manage the amount of time spent on the Internet
- Prevent contacts with strangers
- Filter TV show and movie viewing by ratings
- Keep your children from listening to explicit music on iTunes
- Block objectionable YouTube videos
|What you want to do:||How McAfee makes this possible:|
Protect your children from objectionable websites
Blocks up to 35 categories of objectionable websites and filters inappropriate content
Allow your children to view appropriate YouTube videos
By using keyword filtering technology, objectionable videos are blocked
|Manage the amount of time your children spend online||Set the day and/or time your child can access the Internet|
|Let your children use instant messaging||Monitors and records instant message conversations to inform you about improper dialogue with strangers|
|Enjoy the benefits of social networking||Records posting of confidential information|
|Make sure your family’s personal information remains safe||Prevents sharing of confidential information and keeps your PC safe from security threats found in peer-to-peer file sharing|
|Ensure that your children are having a safe experience online||Activity reports provide you a complete view of all Internet and IM activity and can be used as a tool to teach appropriate online behavior|
|Know immediately if there is a problem so you can talk to your child||Receive email and/or text* alerts instantly when inappropriate website access is attempted|
|Allow access to age appropriate TV shows and movies||Manage online watching of TV shows and movies by ratings|
|Prevent listening to music with explicit language||Filters music on iTunes with explicit language in the title of the song|
*Text alerts are only available in the US.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||3 Users|
|Operating System||Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher, Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit) with Service Pack 1 or higher, Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit), Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)|
|Min CPU||1 GHz|
|Min HDD||12 MB initial hard disk space|
|Min RAM||Windows XP: 512 MB; Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024 x 768 or higher resolution|
|Other Software Requirements||Internet Explorer 7.0 (on XP SP2 or higher) or later; Mozilla Firefox 3 or later; Google Chrome 8.0 or later|
- Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher
- Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit) with Service Pack 1 or higher
- Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)
- 256 MB RAM or higher
- 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- 12 MB initial hard disk space
- Internet Explorer 7.0 (on XP SP2 or higher) or later
- Mozilla Firefox 3 or later
- Google Chrome 8.0 or later
- Active Internet Connection
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.