- Platform: Mac
- Manufacturer: FileMaker
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: TP934LL/A
- Stock Code: 424414
- More: FileMaker Bento
- Availability: SOLD OUT
Meet Bento, the new personal database from FileMaker that's as easy to use as your Mac.
FileMaker Bento brings your important information together in one place to help you get organized. So you can manage your contacts, coordinate events, track projects, prioritize tasks, and more - faster and easier than ever before.
Substance, meet style
It's never been easier to get organized thanks to built-in links with Mac OS X Address Book and iCal, ready-to-use templates, and elegant themes designed by Mac artists.
- Built-in Links to Address Book and iCal - There's no need to re-enter all your contact and calendar info to get started with Bento. It has built-in links to your Mac OS X Address Book and iCal applications.
In seconds, you'll be viewing all your contacts, tasks, and events in beautiful Bento templates that make searching, sorting and organizing simpler and faster than ever before.
- Great-looking templates - Bento also comes with more than 20 ready-to-use templates. So you can easily get started organizing just about any kind of information you have - for work, home, school or community projects.
- Add beautiful themes with a click - To make your templates look even better, you can add an elegant theme, designed by Mac artists, that suits your style and personality. Themes include coordinated colors, layouts, fonts and text styles that bring style to your templates with a single click.
- Help stop spreadsheet abuse - Let your spreadsheet crunch the numbers, and let Bento do the rest.If you're managing lists in Microsoft Excel or just about any other program that exports to Comma Separated Values, you can import them with a simple drag and drop.
Bring it together
From contacts and calendars, to projects and events, you can organize just about every type of information you have -- and access it instantly -- all from one place.
- Get the big picture - Bento makes it possible to connect related information together so you can see a more a complete picture of everything you're tracking - all in one place. Bringing things together to get you organized -- that's what Bento is all about.
- Find what you need fast - Ever search for music with iTunes? It couldn't get much easier. And Bento carries on the Mac tradition by using familiar iTunes-like searching. You can find the things you store in Bento instantly. From phone numbers for friends in Fiji to deadlines due in December.
- What's your type? - Because Bento is a flexible database, you're not forced into tracking pre-set types of information. You can store virtually any type of information you want in Bento choosing from a variety of field type options.
For instance, let's say you're putting on your company party and all your contacts are already stored in the Mac Address Book. You could simply add a "Checkbox" to your Address Book form to track who's coming, and add a "Choice" pop-up list to store each person's food preference. It's that easy!
See things your way
Just point and click or drag and drop to change the look of any form to see information in a way that makes sense to you.
- Set the table, and sort it, too - Display your information in a familiar spreadsheet-like Table View to see multiple records at once. Sort columns with a single click, and get quick stats through the handy Summary Row. If you use the Mac OS X Address Book, you'll appreciate this new view, because you'll be able to see many contacts all at once.
- Forms flow freely - Because Bento is a flexible database, you're not forced into tracking pre-set types of information. You can store virtually any type of information you want in Bento choosing from a variety of field type options.
You can also view different slices of your information by adding as many new forms as you'd like. And each new form can show a different grouping of information, so you can see your data from every angle.
- Customize with a click - Resize, rearrange, and regroup to your heart's content. Just point and click to change themes, columns displayed, label positions, text sizes, shading, alignment, and more.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard)|
|Min CPU||867 MHz or faster processor|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||CD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- Bento requires Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard).
- If you haven't yet upgraded, please visit www.apple.com/macosx
- A Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4
- 867 MHz or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM; 1GB recommended
- A CD drive is required for installation of boxed product software
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.