Corel WinDVD 9 Plus Blu-ray
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Corel
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: WD9PLBDENPC
- Stock Code: 104585
- More: Corel WinDVD 9 Plus
- Availability: SOLD OUT
Corel WinDVD 9 Plus Blu-ray is DVD, Blu-ray Disc and video playback software that delivers quality and entertainment in style. Play spectacular Blu-ray and HD DVD discs on your PC, or enjoy standard DVDs with state-of-the-art HD-quality upscaling. Take your movies on the go with advanced battery optimization controls for laptops. Play home movies recorded on the latest high-definition AVCHD camcorders. Choose WinDVD 9 Plus Blu-ray for the ultimate DVD and video playback experience.
COREL WINDVD 9 PLUS FEATURES & BENEFITS:
DVD & Video Playback for Today
- Blu-ray and HD DVD Support - Experience stunning high-definition entertainment on your PC.
- State-of-the-art Upscaling - Play standard DVDs at HD resolution with unique upscaling and motion enhancement.
- Movies on the Go - Powerful laptop features ensure the best movie experience--wherever you are!
- Memories - Enjoy the full quality of high-definition home movies recorded with the latest AVCHD or Blu-ray camcorders.
Stylish Good Looks
The sophisticated graphite interface blends seamlessly with your Windows XP or Vista desktop.
- New graphite color - Up-to-date and professional look.
- New Layout - A clutter-free and easy-to-navigate interface.
- Compact Mode instantly hides navigation controls to show just your video.
- Boss Key - Now you see it, now you don't! One click pops the player out of the way.
- Message Center - Don't miss out on product updates, exclusive offers and fun tips and trick
Maximize your viewing experience with state-of the-art technologies, such as Blu-ray and HD DVD playback, standard-definition upscaling, and unique features for watching movies on the go.
Blu-ray Disc/HD DVD playback
- Play high-definition commercial titles with interactive features, or recordable Blu-ray/HD DVD media.
- Enjoy the immersive entertainment experience of BD-J and HD DVD Advanced Navigation features without interrupting your movie.
- The first playback software to support the new BD BonusView picture-in-picture features.
- Supports all Blu-ray and HD DVD video encoding formats, such as MPEG-4-AVC (H.264), MPEG-2, and VC1.
- Supports HD Audio technologies from Dolby and DTS.
- Complies with Blu-ray & HD DVD content protection protocols to ensure reliable playback.
Make your standard DVDs look like HD video!
- Unique All2HD upscaling - convert standard DVDs to crisp high-definition video with outstanding color and clarity.
- Auto-scaling intelligently tailors playback to fit monitor resolution and refresh rate.
- Advanced de-interlacing auto-detects film frame rate and ensures crisp edges even on fast-moving objects.
- Digital Natural Motion - choose from several presets for the smoothest possible playback.
- Image sharpness can be adjusted for a better-than-original look.
- Extend playback time with Battery Optimization.
- Be sure to catch the ending with unique TimeStretch playback.
- Smart Stretch lets you watch your movies in standard or Widescreen.
- Enjoy Virtual Surround Sound even when listening on headphones and stereo speakers.
Enhance low-resolution video
Clean up digital artifacts from MPEG, H.264 and VC-1 video
- De-snow filter removes digital noise from low-resolution video.
- De-block filter removes blocky digital artifacts from compressed video.
Hardware graphics acceleration
WinDVD 9 Plus Blu-ray supports display cards featuring ATI AVIVO HD and NVIDIA PureVideo HD technologies that offer hardware-enhanced video playback.
- Enjoy sharper, more vibrant video images
- Minimize CPU utilization and power consumption, particularly during playback of Blu-ray/HD DVD discs.
- Apply advanced de-interlacing
- Scale videos to any size with high-precision processing
The best of the audio world
WinDVD 9 Plus Blu-ray supports leading audio technologies for an immersive listening experience.
- Play HD audio formats like Dolby Digital Plus, uncompressed Dolby TrueHD, and DTS HD for commercial Blu-ray and HD DVD movies.
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx - Transforms 2-channel (stereo) audio to surround sound, or expands 5.1 sources up to 7.1 speaker systems. Choose Movie or Music modes.
- Dolby Digital EX - Enjoy 6.1 or 7.1-channel playback with appropriate hardware.
- DTS surround audio - Supports up to 6 channels of audio for titles with DTS audio
- SRS Audio Technologies - Enhance movie dialog or music, or create a virtual surround effect on two speakers with SRS TruSurround.
- 96 kHz/24-bit audio decoding - Play back audiophile-quality audio.
- Dolby Virtual Speaker - An advanced psychoacoustics algorithm creates a 5.1 surround sound environment on two speakers.
- Dolby Headphone - Processes 5.1 audio to create a vivid surround environment on standard headphones.
More video effects and convenient playback controls
- Video Effects - Customize and improve the look of movies with Cinema Enhancement, Vintage, Sharpness, and more!
- SmartStretch - Fills your widescreen display when viewing 4:3 movies by intelligently stretching only the edges of the video and maintaining the center portion of the image.
- Pan & Zoom - WinDVD lets you click and drag to zoom in and pan across any part of the screen to get a closer look.
- Playlists - Create your own playlists with audio tracks or video files from DVDs, VCDs, SVCDs and CDs.
- Bookmark favorite spots and save them as a file (.bmk) for later, or send to a friend.
- UPnP Client - Plays back content from other UPnP-certified devices within a home network, with enhanced thumbnail views of available clips on the network.
- Capture Image/QuickClip - The new capture controls make it even easier to grab your favorite movie scene as a still picture or animated clip, that you can easily share with friends via email or mobile phone!
- Instant Replay - Ctrl-B lets you jump back to the line you missed, or catch that action sequence again!
- Smooth Reverse Playback - WinDVD 9 supports smooth reverse playback without frame drops.
Complete Format support
Enjoy reliable playback of high-definition or standard-definition video recorded from HDTV, camcorder, or downloaded from the Web.
- Popular video formats - supports DVD-Video, DivX, RealPlayer, QuickTime, Windows Media, and AVI.
- H.264 Support - Smoothly plays back the next-generation format for premium content and downloaded video, in standard as well as high-definition.
- HDTV Support - Navigate and play MPEG-2 HD Transport Stream (M2T) video from captured HDTV programs.
Enjoy HD home movies
Today's high-definition camcorders let you record your personal memories in stunning clarity. Play them at full resolution!
- AVCHD - Supports playback of video from AVCHD camcorders, either copied from the camcorder hard drive, on AVCHD disc, or memory card.
- Plays HD video recorded on the latest Blu-ray camcorders from Hitachi.
- HDV Video - Play HD video captured from HDV camcorders.
- Plays video from recordable HD DVD or Blu-ray media such as HD DVD-R, BD-R and RE discs.
- Plays HD-Rec discs (HD DVD video recorded on standard DVD media).
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista|
|Min CPU||Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or equivalent AMD Athlon, or above|
|Min HDD||200 MB|
|Min RAM||256 MB (512 MB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Windows-compatible sound card and stereo speakers|
WinDVD 9 Plus System Requirements and Format Support
- Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista
- Intel Pentium III 800 MHz or equivalent AMD Athlon processor for Windows XP
- Intel Pentium 4 1.0GHz or equivalent AMD Athlon processor for Windows Vista
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or equivalent AMD Athlon or above Recommended
- 256 MB system memory or above (512 MB recommended)
- 200 MB of hard-disk space for program installation.
- 4:3 or 16:9 (widescreen) monitor
- AGP or PCI-Express graphics card/accelerator with DirectDraw overlay support
- Windows compatible sound card and stereo speakers (PCI or on-board audio card)
- DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo, DVD-R/RW, DVD+RW or DVD-RAM drive
- DVD-Video, VCD, SVCD, Mini DVD (DVD on CD), WMV HD, Audio CD, AVCHD disc
- H.264, MPEG-1, 2, 3GPP/3GPP2, DivX, Windows Media, AVI, RealPlayer, QuickTime, HDV, MPEG-2 HD, AVCHD
- Dolby Digital, MP3, AAC, MPA, M2A, WAV, WMA, DTS, LPCM
Additional Blu-ray/HD DVD Playback Requirements
- Intel Core Duo T2400 1.83 GHz or above, AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0 GHz or above
- 512 MB
- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or above, ATI Radeon X1600 or above
- Ensure VGA chipset supports hardware acceleration, with updated drivers installed.
- 128 MB VGA VRAM
- Blu-ray optical drive for Blu-ray titles or HD DVD drive for HD DVD. Standard DVD optical drives can play back HD-Rec (HD DVD video burned on a standard DVD) as well as AVCHD discs.
- If you are using a DVI (Digital Visual Interface) or HDMI (High-definition Multimedia Interface) connection to a digital output, please make sure your display device is HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) compatible and your VGA supports HDCP.
- Disc: Commercial Blu-ray & HD DVD, HD DVD-R, BD-R and RE, HD-REC
- Video: MPEG-4-AVC (H.264), MPEG-2 HD, and VC1
- Audio: Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.