Corel Designer Technical Suite X4
Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4 is the trusted choice for businesses that need to effectively communicate the strengths of their products and services through clear, informative technical illustrations or diagrams. From operation guides and parts catalogs, to schematics, wiring diagrams, assembly instructions, maintenance manuals and architectural presentations, this complete suite allows organizations of any size to create powerful technical graphics--fast!
Market-leading file compatibility
3D import with Right Hemisphere Deep Exploration technology lets you open and work with 3D design data and convert 3D files to 2D, without needing a CAD license. New and extended support for Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, PDF, CGM, SVG, AutoCAD DXF, AutoCAD DWG, PDF 1.7, PDF/A and JPEG 2000 creates seamless file compatibility and eliminates file conversion errors.
New and enhanced diagramming tools
Make wiring diagrams and flow charts easier to read and edit with enhanced connector lines, halos on curves and new arrowhead tools for improved accuracy.
Precise technical illustration tools
Accurately draw, resize and rotate shapes and lines with the help of the Object Coordinate docker and add missing detail and context when illustrating complex technical content with 2-Point Line, Dimension, Callout and Projected Drawing tools.
Professional photo-editing power
Work with photos, including raw files, from over 300 camera models and achieve professional-quality color and accuracy with the new Image Adjustment and enhanced Cutout labs.
- Corel DESIGNER X4 - a precision vector drawing and layout application for technical illustrators
- Corel PHOTO-PAINT X4 - an easy-to-use, professional image-editing program
- Corel PowerTRACE X4 - an accurate bitmap-to-vector image tracing application
- Corel CAPTURE X4 - a one-click screen capture utility
- Right Hemisphere Deep Exploration 5.5 CSE - a powerful application that transforms 3D designs into accurate 2D illustrations
- User Guides - for Corel DESIGNER X4 and Corel PHOTO-PAINT X4 (on CD and as a printed manual in the box)
- 4,000 standard drawing components, categorized in over 75 symbol libraries
- Tutorials - 6 new Corel DESIGNER tutorials, 5 new Corel PHOTO-PAINT tutorials, tips & tricks
Access Technical Design Assets
- New--3D CAD Import
Open and work with 3D designs (including AutoCAD 3D DWG and DXF, 3DS, VRML, U3D, SketchUp files and others) without needing a CAD license or having to navigate a complicated interface.
- Optional: Additional native 3D CAD File Format Support
Upgrade to Deep Exploration CCE for direct access to over 80 3D file formats from major CAD systems such as CATIA, Inventor, Pro/ENGINEER, SolidWorks, Unigraphics NX and more. Find out more about this add-on tool.
- Enhanced--AutoCAD DWG/DXF Support
Work with 2D CAD files from your suppliers or customers. Receive support for AutoCAD 2008 and versions dating back to 2.5, plus enjoy enhanced object, layer and hatch fills support.
- New and enhanced--File Format Support
Easily collaborate with colleagues and clients thanks to seamless compatibility with commonly used file formats, including new support for Microsoft Visio 2007, PDF 1.7 and PDF/A, Microsoft Word 2007, Microsoft Publisher and JPEG 2000.
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM) Support
Import and export to files of CGM Version 4 profiles, such as ActiveCGM, WebCGM, and ATA GREXCHANGE 2.4 and 2.6.
- New--Corel PowerTRACE X4
Quickly unlock and repurpose data in legacy blueprints.
- New--Welcome Screen
Quickly access recently used documents, templates, learning tools and inspiring illustration work.
- New--Windows Vista Integration
Easily organize projects and search for files within a modern, more intuitive interface, and benefit from high-quality thumbnail previews that improve productivity and reduce searching time.
- New--CorelDRAW ConceptShare
Share work and collaborate with colleagues and/or clients in real time.
Streamline Technical Illustrations
- New--Object Coordinate Docker
Draw, size and rotate shapes and lines with enhanced precision and live screen preview.
- Enhanced--Dimension Tools
Create custom dimensions and dimension styles with advanced control for clearly readable illustrations.
Add precise arrowheads to connectors, callouts, dimension lines and any curve.
- Projected Drawing Modes
Dramatically increase productivity by actively drawing on the projected plane, removing the need to draw the object first and then project or squeeze it in additional steps.
- Hatch Fills
Use hatch patterns to represent different types of materials and to visualize cross sections in your drawing.
- Enhanced--2-point Line Tool
Draw lines that are tangent or perpendicular to two objects, making it much easier to draw objects such as cylinders.
- Callout Tools
Create Callouts to let your audience identify objects in a drawing. This one-click tool lets you create callouts including text, callout lines and halos around the whole callout, providing presets and customizable settings.
- Gravity Snapping and Dynamic Guides
Create and position objects accurately using gravity snapping and fully configurable dynamic guides that snap to direction and distance.
- New--Independent Page Layers
Experience greater layout control with the ability to vary the layer structure across multiple pages of a document.
- New--Crop Tool
Crop drawing objects and groups, as well as imported images, at the same time to achieve perfect illustrations.
- New--Smart Fill Tool
Use the Smart Fill tool to detect the edges of any enclosed object area, such as cross section areas, and create a closed path to fill the area (unlike conventional fill tools that fill only existing objects).
Manage a complex project and create interactive electronic technical manuals (IETMs) by assigning data to its objects.
- Enhanced Line Styles
Illustrate stitch patterns and draw parallel lines with the help of enhanced line styles.
- New--Interactive Tables
Align, resize or edit tables and table cells to provide a structured layout for text and graphics, plus import and visualize parts lists, bills of materials (BOMs) and other data.
- New--Text Formatting
Preview text formatting changes before applying them to increase the accuracy of text size, style and positioning. The new Character and Paragraph formatting dockers provide a full preview onscreen to help streamline changes to text.
- Unicode Support and Double-byte Formatting
Exchange files effortlessly by ensuring that text is displayed correctly, regardless of the language or operating system in which the file was created.
- Enhanced--Support for Microsoft Visio Files
Import and work with the latest versions of Microsoft Visio files, making it easier to collaborate with colleagues and clients, enhance existing diagrams and integrate them into technical illustrations.
- Enhanced--Connector Lines
Automatically adjust connector line paths to avoid other objects using Smart Drawing technology.
- New--Halos on Curves
Identify connector lines more easily and add precision and clarity to diagrams.
- New--Raw Camera File Support
Preview adjustments in real time with interactive controls and support for raw camera files from over 300 camera models.
- New--Image Adjustment Lab
Achieve professional-quality color and tone correction.
- New--Straighten Image
Use new, interactive controls to quickly and easily straighten images.
- Enhanced--Tone Curve Adjustments
Adjust images with more precision, reducing the number of iterations required.
- Enhanced--Cutout Lab
Gain control, improve accuracy and simplify the image-cutting process for complex cutout tasks.
Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4 includes Right Hemisphere Deep Exploration 5.5 CSE, a powerful application that transforms 3D CAD models into accurate 2D graphics.
To double your 3D CAD editing abilities and benefit from increased file format support, upgrade to Deep Exploration 5.5 CCE. See below for more information.
With Deep Exploration 5.5 CSE (included with Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite), you can:
- access 3D designs from AutoCAD DWG and DXF, 3DS, VRML, U3D, SketchUp and other formats
- modify 3D models and views to accommodate the needs of a technical illustration (e.g., by applying cross sections and exploding models to create disassembly views)
- quickly transform 3D CAD models into accurate 2D vector illustrations and insert directly into Corel DESIGNER X4
- create renderings from 3D designs to output directly to Corel PHOTO-PAINT for professional retouching and integration in technical documents and presentations
With Deep Exploration 5.5 CCE* (upgrade option) you receive:
- additional native 3D CAD file format support--get support for over 80 3D CAD file formats, including CATIA, Inventor, Pro/ENGINEER, SolidWorks, Unigraphics NX and more
- 3D PDF publishing abilities
- more 3D CAD tools to optimize 3D files for display and manipulation, such as Polygon reduction tools, small parts removal and more
*Note: Deep Exploration CCE is an upgrade that requires additional purchase.
Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite is used across many different industries, providing cost-effective tools to help businesses communicate the strengths of their products and services through clear technical illustrations and diagrams.
- Discrete manufacturing
- Transportation (Automotive & Aerospace)
- High-Tech & Telecommunications
- Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC)
- Energy, Oil & Gas
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Enterprise, and Business (32 Bit and 64 Bit) or Windows XP Home, Professional, Media Edition, 64-Bit or Tablet PC Edition|
|Min CPU||Pentium III, 800 MHz or AMD Athlon XP|
|Min HDD||1.2 GB hard disk space for the default installation|
|Min RAM||512 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024 x 768 screen resolution|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher|
- Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Enterprise, and Business (32 Bit and 64 Bit) or Windows XP Home, Professional, Media Edition, 64-Bit or Tablet PC Edition (with latest Service Pack and Critical Updates)
- Pentium III, 800 MHz or AMD Athlon XP
- 512 MB RAM
- Mouse or tablet
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution (768 x 1024 on a Tablet PC)
- CD-ROM drive
- 1.2 GB hard disk space for the default installation
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.