Crystal Reports XI R2 Developer
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Business Objects
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 7090306
- Stock Code: 295929
- More: Crystal Reports
- Availability: SHIPS FREE TODAY
Crystal Reports XI R2 Developer offers a flexible report design environment for creating and maintaining highly formatted reports. Crystal Reports XI R2 Developer, makes data access, report design, and report maintenance even easier!
Crystal Reports XI R2 Developer allows you to access, format, and deliver information to drive better decision-making. Crystal Reports XI R2 Developer has the flexibility and power to provide your internal and external users with the information they need, when they need it, while minimizing IT overhead.
Quickly transform almost any data into powerful, interactive content. Create compelling reports for viewing and interaction via portals, wireless devices and Microsoft Office documents. Crystal Reports XI R2 Developer delivers tools for tightly integrating dynamic content from virtually any data source into web and Windows applications.
- Interface SDKs. Use the comprehensive interface SDKs in Crystal Reports within J2EE, .NET, and COM applications for flexible control over how end users interact with reports. Choose from a variety of report viewing, creation, and modification APIs to implement a range of interactivity capabilities - from static report processing/viewing to complex runtime report creation/modification.
- Reporting components. Embed the powerful Java, .NET, and COM reporting components in Crystal Reports within your application for powerful report processing and rendering.
- Custom tag library. Reduce the amount of coding required to embed report templates into JSP pages. Using custom JSP tags, you can now easily add a customized viewer to your web applications, dramatically reducing the amount of code required.
- Customizable report viewers. Choose from a variety of server-side and thin-client report viewer controls, including a Java viewer, DHTML (WebForms) Viewer, WinForms Viewer, ActiveX, and Report Part Viewer (mobile viewer), to render reports into various output formats without additional coding. End user report interactivity options - including page forward/back, drill up/down, export, and print - are automatically included. Plus, you can customize and implement most viewer options based on your requirements.
- IDE integration. Use a custom bundled edition of Crystal Reports from within leading Java and .NET IDEs for report integration from within a familiar environment. You can currently access Crystal Reports technology from within Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, BEA WebLogic Workshop, Borland JBuilder, and Borland C# Builder. Upgrade from these bundles to Crystal Reports 10 for additional functionality and scalability.
- Visual control library. Integrate reports into Delphi and C++Builder applications using the Crystal Reports Visual Control Library (VCL).
- Royalty-free runtime. Integrate hundreds of royalty-free runtime properties, methods, and events into thick-client applications for deployment at no extra cost.
- Developer Zone. Quickly overcome common reporting roadblocks by joining the Developer Zone, our exclusive community for developers. Access sample applications, download white papers, and review useful tips and tricks to get the most out of Crystal Reports.
- More than 35 data drivers. Access virtually any data with native, ODBC, OLE DB, and JDBC connectivity to relational, OLAP, XML, legacy, and enterprise data sources, including Oracle, IBM DB2, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, and Informix. In Crystal Reports XI, XML, JDBC, IBM DB2, and Exchange data drivers have been updated to give you an incredible range of data access options.
- Custom data. Access user-defined (in-memory) application data by connecting to JavaBeans, ADO.NET, and COM Data Providers.
- Tight control over database connectivity. Write your own SQL commands or use the proven query generation capabilities of Crystal Reports for flexible control over database connectivity.
- Multi-data source access. Connect to a unique data source or combine multiple data sources in one report.
- XML support. Integrate Crystal Reports with your B2B or B2C applications via XML data access or export.
- Unicode support. Use unicode strings to display data stored in almost any language and present multiple languages in a single report.
Formatting and Design
- Dynamic and cascading prompts. Base report prompts on dynamic values. You will no longer need to maintain static prompt value lists within individual reports because you can reuse existing prompts stored in the repository. (available in Server, Developer, and Professional; Standard supports read-only viewing of dynamic and cascading prompts)
- Dependency checker. Use the dependency checker to instantly find broken links, formula errors, and dependency issues before reports are published and distributed.
- Dynamic image location. Pictures and graphics can be placed in a report through a link in the database so that you no longer need to store images within the database.
- Hierarchical grouping. Users can create their reports in a hierarchical rather than just a relational manner. This provides a better fit for organizational charts and summary reports.
- Visual report designer. Quickly design interactive reports using an intuitive, drag-and-drop interface and object-oriented explorers.
- Experts and wizards. Use optional experts and wizards to simplify common reporting tasks such as connecting to a data source, selecting, grouping, sorting, and summarizing data.
- Any report type. Create virtually any report you need including cross-tab, conditional, top N/bottom N, summary/drill-down, form, mailing label, OLAP, and subreport.
- Charting and mapping. Increase the graphical impact of your reports by choosing from a wide variety of map and chart types, including bar/3D bar, pie/doughnut, line, gantt, gauge, funnel, XY scatter, ranged map, dot density map, and more.
- Drag-and-drop charting and cross tabs. For intelligent charting where Crystal Reports will select the best chart style based upon the data in your report. Chart design is faster and easier because charts will be automatically updated when new variables are added.
- Reusable report objects. Expedite the report design process by storing key report objects - including text objects, SQL commands, bitmaps, and custom functions (formulas) - in a central managed library for sharing, reuse, and single-point updating across multiple reports.
- Customizable templates. Spend less time formatting individual reports. Design and apply customized templates that specify standards in formatting and logic - including data access operations - to ensure design consistency across reports. You can even use existing reports as templates.
- Powerful formula language. Use the extensive formula language in Crystal Reports with over 160 built-in and user-defined functions and operators to tightly control report formatting, complex logic, and data selection. A call-stack makes debugging data-level errors easy. A formula extractor and formula workshop are also included.
- Custom functions. Eliminate redundant formula creation. Extract business logic from formulas to create custom functions so you can use them across multiple reports.
- Asymmetric reporting. Provide a customized view of OLAP grids. With asymmetric reporting, you can hide specific dimensions of data so that end users only see relevant and valuable data.
- Access and Excel add-ins. Use an intuitive wizard to easily design a Crystal report from within Microsoft Access or Excel.
- Workbench and Repository Explorer. Users can easily browse, build, and publish object packages so they can schedule, manage, and secure a group of reports together rather than one report at a time. With the Workbench, users can keep projects organized by grouping reports according to preference. The Repository Explorer simplifies navigation within the BusinessObjects Enterprise system.
- Designer improvements. Designing reports is easier with the start page that appears each time you open Crystal Reports. The updated visual report designer allows you to point and click so you can create reports without the need for intensive coding.
- Report Design Zone. A resource-rich site for your report creation and design projects. Filled with a changing supply of demos, white papers, tips, and tricks, it's an invaluable resource for users and developers evaluating Crystal Reports.
Report Viewing and Interaction
- HTML Preview. Report authors can publish perfect reports by previewing how reports will look before they are published to the web.
- Report Export Configuration. Save report export configuration with a report so that end users forgo the time and trouble of reconfiguring the export each time the report is run.
- RTF Export Format. For report export editing and optimized accuracy and forms processing. The end user is now able to enhance and expand a report in standard work processing applications.
- N Value for Top N Style Reports. Parameterized control for N value for top N style reports means that a single report will meet the needs of multiple users. This will reduce the total number of reports that are created and supported.
- Multiple export formats. Provide end users with reports in the format they prefer. Export reports to popular formats, including Excel, PDF, XML, HTML, RTF, and more.
- Customizable report viewers. Choose from a variety of server-side and thin-client report viewer controls, including DHTML page (WebForms) viewer, .NET WinForms viewer, Java viewer, ActiveX, and Report Part viewer (mobile viewer), to render reports into various output formats without additional coding. End user report interactivity options - including page forward/back, drill up/down, export, and print - are automatically included and can be customized based on your requirements.
- Parameters. Let users view the same data in different ways without creating multiple reports. End users can select predefined parameters in a single report to receive a subset of customized data.
- Alerting. Highlight specific information for your end users with report alerts - user-defined messages that appear when certain conditions are met by the data in a report.
- Guided navigation. Define specific navigation paths between report objects within the same or different reports for easier end user navigation.
- Hyperlinks. Use hyperlinks to turn reports into interactive web documents that connect to related information, including web sites and other reports.
- Drill-down. Without additional coding, create reports that allow end users to drill down on relational and OLAP data to uncover details that might otherwise go unnoticed.
- Report parts. Repurpose existing reports for use with wireless devices and corporate portals. Provide end users with access to charts, summary tables, specific records, and other key report information via portals, WML phones, RIM Blackberry, and Compaq iPAQ devices.
- Support for Microsoft Office XP Smart Tags. Insert key report objects - including charts and tables - into Microsoft Outlook, Word, or Excel for instant viewing and refreshing from within an Office document.
Security, Support, and Maintenance
- Patch installation. All Crystal Reports customers will have the most up-to-date version because they will automatically receive the latest hot fixes and service packs.
- Single sign-on. Reports can be integrated into an existing security infrastructure so users only have to sign on once.
- Business Objects universes. Support for Business Objects universes (the semantic layer for Business Objects business intelligence tools like Web Intelligence) includes universe view time security and union queries.
- Complete integration with Business Objects Enterprise architecture. Enjoy seamless continuity between all of the applications within your business intelligence technology suite. Scalability is easier when everything is integrated.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows XP Pro SP1+, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise/Web/Standard/Datacenter Edition (SP1 also supported), Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server/Professional/Datacenter Server SP4|
|Min CPU||700 MHz Pentium III|
|Min HDD||2 GB|
|Min RAM||512 MB|
|Peripheral Devices||CD-ROM drive|
- 700 MHz Pentium III
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1/2
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise/Web/Standard/Datacenter Edition
- Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server/Professional/Datacenter Server with Service Pack 4
- Windows Server 2003 Standard/Enterprise/Web/Datacenter Edition with Service Pack 1
- 2 GB
- 512 MB RAM
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.