Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2012
Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2012 software is built for professional drafting, delivering genuine DWG compatibility, reliability, and powerful 2D drawing tools designed to boost your productivity.
Design and shape the world around you with AutoCAD software, one of the world's leading CAD programs. Explore ideas more intuitively in 3D, speed documentation, share ideas seamlessly, and customize AutoCAD for your specific needs.
With new and updated tools for 3D conceptual design, model documentation, and reality capture, AutoCAD 2012 helps design professionals maximize productivity.
Explore Your Design Ideas - Create the previously unimaginable. AutoCAD gives you the flexibility you need to explore design ideas in both 2D and 3D. A powerful set of intuitive tools helps you visualize and shape your ideas, bringing innovative concepts to life.
- Autodesk Inventor Fusion--An easy-to-use tool for direct modeling, helping you flexibly edit and validate models from almost any source.
- 3D Free-Form Design--Use robust surface, mesh, and solid modeling tools in AutoCAD software to investigate and refine your ideas.
- Point Cloud Support--Bring your 3D scans to life, streamlining time-consuming renovation and restoration projects.
- Powerful Visualization Tools--Add impact to your designs.
- 3D Navigation Tools--Quickly and intuitively walk or fly through a model.
- AutoCAD delivers the flexibility and power needed to help bring your design ideas to life.
Accelerate Documentation - Speed projects from concept to completion with the powerful documentation tools in AutoCAD. Import 3D models directly into AutoCAD and instantly create intelligent 2D views. Minimize repetitive tasks and accelerate your workflow. No matter your project's size or scope, you can meet the challenge with AutoCAD software.
AutoCAD offers a broad toolset that helps you drive efficiencies throughout the drafting and documentation process, no matter what industry you are in.
- Model Documentation--Automatically generate intelligent documentation for AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor software, and other models. You can import and document designs from a wide variety of software applications including SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEER, CATIA, Rhinoceros, and NX.
- Parametric Drawing--Define relationships between objects, minimizing the time needed to edit or rework drawings.
- Associative Array--Easily create arrayed objects, like windows on a building or trusses on a bridge. Plus, you can now array objects in 3D or along a specified path.
- Sheet Sets--Organize and manage your drawing sheets efficiently.
- Dynamic Blocks--Save time when using standard, repetitive components.
- Multifunction Grips--Maximize productivity with context-aware, object-specific menus.
Don't settle for second best. Rely on the drafting and documentation tools in AutoCAD to exceed expectations.
Communicate Seamlessly - Share critical design data securely, efficiently, and accurately with AutoCAD (or online with AutoCAD WS web and mobile service). Native support for DWG, one of the world's most widely used design data formats, helps you keep everyone informed at all times. With presentation-ready graphics, rendering tools, and robust plotting and 3D printing capabilities, AutoCAD helps to bring clarity and impact to all of your design communications.
- AutoCAD WS--Enables you to stay connected to your designs over the web or from your mobile device.
- Native DWG Support--Demand native DWG support, not a conversion or a translation.
- PDF Import/Export--Share and reuse designs easily. Import PDF files as an underlay within your workspace.
- Autodesk Exchange--With connected access to tips and tutorials, getting started videos, and help content, Autodesk Exchange brings the content you need directly to your AutoCAD workspace.
- Photorealistic Rendering--Create stunning, visually rich images.
- 3D Printing--Connect online to service providers or print from AutoCAD to a local machine.
AutoCAD is communication at its best.
Customize in Ways You Never Thought Possible - Your job is unique. Your software should be as well. With deep APIs, thousands of available add-ons, and a broad developer community, AutoCAD software can be customized for your particular requirements. Whether you simply want to arrange tools to match how you work or tailor the software for your industry, AutoCAD is flexible enough to fit your needs--perfectly.
- Simplified Migration Tools--New and enhanced tools make it easier to migrate your custom settings.
- Customizable User Interface--Get the tools you want, at your fingertips.
- Programming Interface--Create specialized design and drafting applications.
- Partner Products and Services--Extend AutoCAD software to suit all your needs.
Don't choose between flexibility and power. With AutoCAD, you can have both
What's New in Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2012?
- Model Documentation Tools
Save time by automatically generating intelligent documentation for AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor software, and other models. Import a wide variety of other formats including SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEER, CATIA, Rhino, and NX. Drawing views, edge display, and location are instantly updated when an engineering change is made.
- Associative Array Functionality
Save valuable rework time by establishing and maintaining a set of relationships between arrayed objects, such as windows on a building or trusses on a bridge. Plus, you can now array objects along a specified path (rather than just rectangular or polar options), saving even more time when creating conceptual designs or finished documentation.
- AutoCAD WS
With access directly from the AutoCAD 2012 interface, AutoCAD WS web and mobile application for AutoCAD software allows you to stay connected to your designs over the web or from your mobile device.
- Multi-function Grips
The power of multi-function grips has been extended to more AutoCAD objects including lines, arcs, elliptical arcs, dimensions, and mleaders as well as 3D faces, edges, and vertices.
- Command Line Enhancements
AutoCAD 2012 now offers auto-complete options to help you access commands more efficiently. As you type at the command prompt, AutoCAD automatically completes the entry with an AutoCAD command or command alias. If you pause, it displays a list of commands whose prefix matches what you've typed enabling you to scroll and select from the list.
- Autodesk Inventor Fusion
Adds to the 3D conceptual design capabilities of AutoCAD and sets a new standard for professional 3D modeling ease of use. It enables you to flexibly edit and validate models from almost any source, helping you further experience the benefits of easy-to-use 3D in the native DWG format.
- Simplified Migration to AutoCAD 2012
New and enhanced tools make it easier to migrate your custom settings or reset AutoCAD to the default install settings. Improved handling of tool palettes and new migration of custom materials help ease the transition to AutoCAD 2012, and a new reset tool helps easily return to default settings.
- In-Canvas Viewport Controls
New viewport controls enable you to change viewport settings, views, and visual styles directly on the viewport canvas.
- Editable UCS Icon
The UCS has been updated to allow direct manipulation. Select the UCS icon and use the multi-functional grips to change the UCS. Easily move the origin, align the UCS with objects, and rotate it around the X, Y, or Z axis without having to access the UCS command.
- Delete Duplicate Objects
Clean up your drawings by removing duplicate or unneeded geometry. The Delete Duplicates tool provides increased performance--especially when running on drawings with many objects.
- Blend Tool
Create spline objects with options for tangent or smooth continuity between two curves with the new Blend tool, speeding documentation time.
- Autodesk Exchange for AutoCAD
With connected access to tips and tutorials, getting started videos, downloadable plug-ins, and help content, Autodesk Exchange brings the content you need directly to your AutoCAD workspace.
- Autodesk Content Explorer
Instantly find your design content based on file objects or text attributes. Autodesk Content Explorer creates an index of your data based on where you instruct it to look, helping you quickly access files.
- 3D Associative Array
Use the associative array functionality to more easily define arrayed objects when designing in 3D. Each of the three types of associative arrays (rectangular, polar, and path) include the ability to array selected objects in 3D space.
- On Demand Access to AutoCAD
Citrix Systems, Inc. and Autodesk have partnered to provide customers with greater efficiency and flexibility in their use of AutoCAD. By delivering software to AutoCAD users with Citrix XenApp, your organization can significantly reduce workstation costs while providing the performance they need.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy or Upgrade AutoCAD 2012 Software
1.Quickly document--and stay connected to--3D models from almost any source.
Save time by automatically generating intelligent documentation for AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, and other models. Associative connections with Inventor help ensure drawing views, edge display, and location are instantly updated when an engineering change is made. And since you can import models from a wide variety of applications (including Pro/ENGINEER, CATIA, Solidworks, NX, and Rhinoceros), you can streamline almost any documentation workflow.
RESULT: Meet customer expectations by using the most complete documentation tools available.
2. Explore design ideas with flexible 3D modeling tools.
With AutoCAD, you have the power to create almost any form you can imagine. Simply push/pull faces, edges, and vertices to model complex shapes, add smooth surfaces, and much more. With tools for surface, solid, and mesh modeling, AutoCAD 2012 provides the utmost flexibility and control when designing in 3D.
RESULT: Develop conceptual designs more easily in 3D with easy-to-use tools.
3. Access the benefits of direct modeling with Autodesk Inventor Fusion.
Shipping with AutoCAD 2012, Autodesk Inventor Fusion software adds to the 3D conceptual design capabilities of AutoCAD and sets a new standard for professional 3D modeling ease of use. It enables you to import, flexibly edit, and validate models from almost any source, providing the accessibility of direct modeling in the native DWG format.
RESULT: Elevate your product designs with a new modeling standard.
4. Slash revision time with parametric drawing.
Dramatically slash your design revision time with parametric drawing. When persistent relationships between objects are defined, parallel lines remain parallel and concentric circles remain centered, all automatically. And now you can infer constraints in real time as you draw, virtually eliminating the need to manually define all of your object relationships. Including both geometric and dimensional constraints, AutoCAD 2012 can assist with those time-consuming revision requests.
RESULT: Drawing revisions are now much easier.
5.Make renovations easier with point cloud support.Bring your 3D scans to life, streamlining time-consuming renovation and restoration projects. With support for up to two billion points-- and an enhanced point cloud engine--the point cloud capabilities in AutoCAD 2012 help you more quickly import scanned objects, snap to points, and develop designs using your 3D scans.
RESULT: Save time by bringing as-built conditions into your AutoCAD workspace.
6. Document arrayed objects faster than ever before.
Save valuable rework time by establishing and maintaining a set of relationships between arrayed objects, like windows on a building or trusses on a bridge. With AutoCAD 2012, you can array objects along a specified path (rather than having only rectangular or polar options), saving even more time when creating conceptual designs or finished documentation. And now you can also array objects in 3D space, helping to increase speed and flexibility in your design workflows.
RESULT: More speed, more flexibility.
7. Attach PDF files as an underlay.
A top customer wish-list request, the ability to import and underlay PDF files is now provided in AutoCAD 2012. Simply import a PDF file to an AutoCAD drawing in the familiar way you import DWG, DWF, DGN, and image files. You can even snap to key points on PDF geometry using familiar object snaps, making reuse of old designs that much easier.
RESULT: Improve collaboration and save time by reusing existing PDF-based design data.
8. Work with designs more easily using multifunctional grips.
More easily edit objects with direct manipulation of grips. Now the power of multifunctional grips has been extended to more AutoCAD objects, including lines, arcs, elliptical arcs, dimensions, and mleaders, as well as 3D faces, edges, and vertices.
RESULT: The most useful editing tools are always at your fingertips.
9. Work with hatches more flexibly than ever before.
The hatching capabilities in AutoCAD software are now easier, more flexible, and more reliable than ever. With tools for direct manipulation of hatches, live previews, improved handling of dense hatches, improvements to boundary detection, and the ability to send all hatches to the back, AutoCAD 2012 software helps you save valuable time documenting designs.
RESULT: Save time with more flexible, more reliable hatch tools.
10. Document and communicate more clearly using transparency options.
Objects and layers have always had a certain set of properties, including color, linetype, and lineweight. In AutoCAD 2012, objects and layers get another property to help you control the visual appearance of your drawings: transparency. You can set transparency by layer, by block, or individually for an object. Now your drawings can look more exactly how you want them to look, helping you keep organized and better communicate design details.
RESULT: Greater clarity. Greater productivity.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium (compare Windows 7 versions); Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise, Business, Ultimate, or Home Premium (SP2 or later) (compare Windows Vista versions); or Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home edition (SP3 or later)|
|Min CPU||For Windows Vista or Windows 7: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor, 3.0 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology|
|Min HDD||2 GB free disk space for installation|
|Min RAM||2 GB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024 x 768 display resolution with true color|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later|
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSFor 32-Bit AutoCAD 2012
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium (compare Windows 7 versions; Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise, Business, Ultimate, or Home Premium (SP2 or later) (compare Windows Vista versions); or Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home edition (SP3 or later)
- For Windows Vista or Windows 7: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor, 3.0 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology; for Windows XP: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor, 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB free disk space for installation
- 1,024 x 768 display resolution with true color
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
- Install from download or DVD
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.