Apple Remote Desktop 3.2 (Unlimited Managed Systems)
Apple Remote Desktop 3.2 is the best way to manage the Mac computers on your network. Distribute software, provide real-time online help to end users, create detailed software and hardware reports, and automate routine management tasks -- all without leaving your desk. Featuring Automator actions, Remote Spotlight search, and a new Dashboard widget, Apple Remote Desktop 3 makes your job easier than ever.
Apple Remote Desktop 3, the award-winning desktop management system for Mac OS X has more than 50 new features that deliver improvements in software distribution, asset management, and remote assistance. Apple Remote Desktop 3 offers a wide range of high performance features, including lightning-fast Spotlight searches across multiple Tiger systems; more than 30 Automator actions for easy automation of repetitive tasks; a Dashboard widget that provides quick and convenient observation of remote systems; and AutoInstall for automatically updating software on mobile systems once they return to the network.
The award-winning Apple Remote Desktop has always had the power to simplify administrative tasks and make managing networked Mac OS X systems easy and efficient. With the release of Apple Remote Desktop 3, there are even more options for distributing software, automating common tasks, and providing remote assistance to your organization.
- Remote Spotlight search - Leveraging the revolutionary technology in Mac OS X Tiger, the new Remote Spotlight capability in Apple Remote Desktop 3 can perform lightning fast searches on remote client systems running Mac OS X 10.4 or later. Summary results for each client are updated instantly as results are returned. View details on results, or refine searches even further using additional qualifiers. Results can be viewed on remote client systems, copied back to your administrator system, or deleted.
- Dashboard Widget - Apple Remote Desktop 3 provides you with a new Dashboard widget that gives you an instant, at-a-glance view of the remote computers in your network. It's fully integrated with the Apple Remote Desktop administrative application, so a click on a particular computer will allow you to select and start working with any computer in the system.
- Automator Actions - You can automate Apple Remote Desktop 3 by using Apple or third-party actions to create your own custom workflows, which you can then save and reuse as needed. To help get you started, more than 30 Automator actions have been included. You can use them individually or combine them to streamline your frequent tasks.
- AutoInstall - Tired of having to manually track when systems come back online so that you can update their software? Thanks to the AutoInstall feature of Apple Remote Desktop 3 you can stage software to install on remote, mobile, or offline systems. Just stage the software and, when the computer is back on the network, Apple Remote Desktop will automatically update the system.
- Curtain Mode - For those times when you want your actions to be hidden from the end user, there's Curtain Mode. This allows you to block the view behind a virtual curtain, while retaining full control of the screen. It's perfect for those working on public-facing systems.
- Remote Drag and Drop - Now there's an easy and intuitive way to transfer files and folders between computers. The Remote Drag and Drop capability of Apple Remote Desktop 3 gives you pinpoint accuracy when moving items between your computers and a remote computer. You can also copy and paste information between systems.
- Power Copy - The new file copy engine in Apple Remote Desktop 3 supports 64-bit file sizes, network bandwidth limits, and optional encryption of data streams. Power Copy gives you network copy performance up to 11 times faster compared with previous versions of Apple Remote Desktop.
- System status indicators - When you want to keep on eye on the computers in your network, there's no easier way than system status indicators. These indicators give you the name of the computer, the name of the current user, and their account picture. Colored indicators show the status of each computer, or you can choose shapes to indicate each state. One click gives you details on startup disk usage, memory utilization, and CPU utilization.
- Application Usage Reports - It is crucial that you ensure compliance with all your software license agreements. But it's also a task that can take up a lot of your time. Not anymore. The new Application Usage report details which applications have been used on remote systems -- including the number of launches, the duration of launches, and who executed the launch.
- User History Reports - Do you know who's been using your network? Apple Remote Desktop does, and can track it for you with new User History reports. These reports give you detailed information on who is using a computer, when they logged in and out, and how they accessed the computer.
- Smart Computer Lists - Smart Computer Lists track computers in a way that makes the most sense for you. It lets you specify a set of rules, based on 11 attributes -- any computer that matches the rules you set automatically gets added to the list. For example, you can create a Smart Computer List to track all your Mac OS X v10.4 computers, or all your Mac mini computers that have 512 MB of memory.
- Task Templates - Apple Remote Desktop 3 lets you save frequently used tasks as Task Templates that you can reuse whenever you need them. To help get you started, more than 30 sample UNIX scripts are included to help you with a range of tasks including setting desktop pictures, time zone settings, Energy Saving settings, and more.
Your "to do" list just got simpler, with help from Apple Remote Desktop 3. Whether ensuring your client Macs are running the latest version of Mac OS X or coordinating a company-wide software upgrade, you're just a few mouse-clicks away from "finished."
Apple Remote Desktop 3 lets you install software programs and applications, and perform updates on an unlimited number of Macs in your network simultaneously. The only computer you actually have to touch is yours.
It gives you the freedom to schedule tasks without interrupting the user or requiring any interaction. Just initiate the process -- Apple Remote Desktop does the rest, including restarting systems when required. Using Apple or third-party tools, you can create custom install packages that Apple Remote Deskop can copy and install onto your remote systems. You can even specify successive installations for multiple software packages -- no waiting.
It's your job to know exactly what is on all your client systems -- and sometimes it seems like an impossible task. Not anymore. Apple Remote Desktop 3 has been designed to make it easy to find, track, and report all the information you need to stay on top of things.
Provide complete technical assistance to all the computers on your network without ever leaving your desk. Apple Remote Desktop 3 gives you screen-sharing and text-messaging capabilities, plus a wide range of powerful remote assistance tools.
Apple Remote Desktop 3 gives you the complete tools you need to control all the Macs in your network right from your own computer. You can even save task settings as templates and apply them in the future, or use one of more than 30 included sample scripts.
With Automator actions and support for AppleScript commands, Apple Remote Desktop 3 gives you the ability to create custom workflows designed to make your life easier.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||Unlimited Number of Computers.|
|Operating System||Mac OS X v10.4 or later on administrator system.|
|Other Software Requirements||Remote Spotlight search requires Mac OS X v10.4 or later on client system.|
|Additional||An Ethernet (recommended), IP over FireWire or AirPort network connection is required.|
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.