Apple Mac Box Set 2011 - v.10.6.3
- Platform: Mac
- Manufacturer: Apple
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: MC680Z/A
- Stock Code: 265729
- More: Apple Mac Box Set
- Availability: SOLD OUT
The new Mac Box Set. Give your Mac the upgrades it deserves with the latest versions of the Apple software for your Mac--all in one box:
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard, the latest version of the world's most powerful operating system
- iLife 2011, featuring the new iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand
- iWork, Apple's productivity suite for home and office including Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
It's the next best thing to getting a new Mac.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard. The world's most advanced operating system. Finely tuned.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard is an even more powerful and refined version of the world's most advanced operating system. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable, and easier to use. New core technologies unleash the power of today's advanced hardware technology and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation. And Snow Leopard includes built-in support for the latest version of Microsoft Exchange Server, so you can use your Mac at home and at work.
- Better, faster, easier- Mac OS X Snow Leopard includes hundreds of improvements that will help make your Mac faster, more responsive, and more reliable than ever. Installation is up to 50 percent faster than with Mac OS X Leopard; wake from sleep is as much as two times faster; shutdown is up to 80 percent faster; and initial Time Machine backups to Time Capsule are up to 80 percent faster than in Leopard.
- Dock- Now Expose is integrated in the Dock, giving you a quick and easy way to see all the open windows of an application.
- Finder- The Finder has been completely rewritten to take advantage of the new technologies in Snow Leopard. The familiar Finder interface is unchanged, but you'll discover that the Finder is faster and more responsive. It also includes an enhanced icon view with live file previews, so you can thumb through a multipage document or even watch a QuickTime movie.
- New core technologies- New core technologies in Snow Leopard unleash the power of today's advanced hardware and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
- QuickTime X- The next-generation media technology, QuickTime X powers the audio and video experience in Snow Leopard. It debuts a completely new QuickTime Player application with a clean, uncluttered interface as well as an easy way to record, trim, and share your media.
- Out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange- Snow Leopard includes out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 in Mail, iCal, and Address Book, so it's easier than ever to take your Mac to work.
- Universal Access- Every Mac comes standard with a wide range of assistive--or Universal Access--technologies that help people with disabilities experience what the Mac has to offer. Snow Leopard continues this support with a variety of innovative features that advance accessibility even further.
iLife 2011. The incredible new iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
iLife 2011 helps you do more with photos, movies, and music than you ever thought possible. In iPhoto, you can browse, edit, and share your photos in stunning new full-screen views. Create epic Hollywood-style movie trailers from your home video in iMovie. And GarageBand gives you everything you need to make a great-sounding song--including tools for keeping your song in perfect rhythm and guitar and piano lessons.
- Enjoy stunning new full-screen views for Faces, Places, Events, and Albums.
- Email photos using one of eight beautiful Apple-designed themes.
- Share photos with your Facebook friends and see their comments in iPhoto.
- Enjoy a completely new approach to creating professional-quality books and cards.
- Create elegant letterpress cards that look and feel beautiful.
- Easily create fun, Hollywood-style movie trailers.
- Produce the perfect mix with powerful, easy-to-use audio editing controls.
- Give your movie visual effects such as slow motion, a dream haze, and instant replay with just a click.
- Quickly find the clips you need with People Finder.
- Turn your video into a broadcast news or sports segment just like those on TV.
- Easily tighten the rhythm of your audio recordings with Flex Time.
- Re-create the sound of legendary guitar rigs and pedals using new guitar amps and effects.
- Learn to play piano or guitar at your own pace with 22 new Basic Lessons.
- See how you've performed
iWork 2009. Documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. The Mac way.
iWork, Apple's office productivity suite, is the easiest way to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations the Mac way. Pages is both a streamlined word processor and an easy-to-use page layout application. It allows you to be a writer one minute and a designer the next, always with a perfect document in the works. Numbers, with its great-looking templates, easy-to-create formulas, and dynamic tables and charts, gives you simple ways to make sense of your data. Use Keynote to create your presentations, and you'll be a hard act to follow. Its powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects put the show in slideshow. Packed with over 250 Apple-designed themes and templates--including 60 new designs overall--iWork lets you create projects that look polished from the first page or slide. And iWork is compatible with Microsoft Office, so it's easy to share your work.
- Pages 2009
- Choose from 40 new Apple-designed templates
- Focus on your writing in full-screen view
- Organize your ideas with dynamic outlines
- Customize your documents using mail merge
- Insert equations with MathType 6 (sold separately)
- Create bibliographies with EndNote X2 (sold separately)
- Numbers 2009
- Build powerful formulas with ease
- Perform calculations using over 250 functions
- Organize your data instantly into table categories
- Check your calculations at a glance with Formula List view
- Create 2-axis charts and mixed charts
- Choose from 12 new Apple-designed templates
- Keynote 2009
- Easily create sophisticated animations with Magic Move
- Add dramatic text transitions using new visual effects
- Visualize your data with new 3D charts and chart animations
- Dramatically reduce file size without compromising quality
- Create dynamic flowcharts and diagrams with connection lines
- Choose from eight new Apple-designed themes
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Mac OS X v10.6.3|
|Min CPU||Mac computer with an Intel processor|
|Min HDD||Approximately 12GB of available disk space|
|Min RAM||1GB of RAM; 2GB recommended|
|Min Screen Requirements||1280x768|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
- Mac computer with an Intel processor.
- GarageBand Learn to Play requires an Intel-based Mac with a dual-core processor or better.
- AVCHD video from supported video cameras requires a Mac with an Intel Core Duo processor or better. Visit the iMovie ’11 Supported Cameras page for additional details.
- 1GB of RAM.
- Approximately 5GB of available disk space.
- DVD drive required for installation.
- Display with at least 1280-by-768-pixel resolution.
- Mac OS X v10.6.3 or later.
- 24-bit recording in GarageBand requires a Mac OS X-compatible audio interface with support for 24-bit audio. Please consult the owner’s manual or manufacturer directly for audio device specifications and compatibility.
- Some features and third-party services require Internet access and/or MobileMe; additional fees and terms apply. MobileMe is available to persons age 13 and older. Annual subscription fee and Internet access required. Terms of service apply.
- iPhoto print products are available in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and select countries in Europe and Asia Pacific.
- GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
- Burning DVDs requires an Apple SuperDrive or compatible third-party DVD burner.
- Third-party services may not be available in all languages or in all countries. Use of these services requires Internet access and may require you to accept additional terms.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.