Apple Logic Studio Upgrade (Logic Pro or Gold)
Logic Studio, Apple's comprehensive suite of professional music and audio tools, provides musicians with everything they need to create in the studio, on the stage, and for the screen. Logic Studio includes Logic Pro 8, Apple's legendary professional music production application featuring a new, intuitive interface; MainStage, an innovative new application for music performance; and Soundtrack Pro 2 for audio post-production and sound design.
Logic Studio delivers everything a musician needs to write, record, edit, mix, and perform in the studio and on the stage. With three applications, instruments, effects, and a massive sound library, Logic Studio puts powerful music creation and production tools in one comprehensive package.
Apple Logic Studio includes :
- Logic Pro 8
- Soundtrack Pro 2
- Studio Instruments
- Studio Effects
- Studio Sound Library
Logic Pro 8 - Logic Pro 8 is the center of Logic Studio, featuring a redesigned interface that makes it easier than ever to write, record, edit, and mix your music.
- Single-Window Design - The Arrange window in Logic Pro 8 consolidates production activities in a single, elegantly-designed workspace. You can record multiple takes; cut, move, or stretch audio with sample accuracy; browse channel strip settings; audition Apple Loops; and drop chords onto your lead sheet-all from one central space, without managing multiple windows.
- Simplified Setup - Production-ready templates, a streamlined track setup window, and dynamic channel strip creation get you up and running fast. Improved ReWire support provides easy integration with other music applications.
- Effortless multitake recording - Region-based take management speeds up multitake recording, editing, and processing. An expandable take folder makes it simple to recall overdubs, and entire take folders can be moved and edited like regions.
- Quick Swipe comping - With breakthrough Quick Swipe comping, you can simply swipe over the best portions of each take to create a seamless comp, complete with transition-smoothing crossfades.
- New audio editing tools - Work faster and with greater precision using powerful new features like snap-to-transient selection, graphical time stretching, and sample-accurate editing in the Arrange window.
MainStage - Introducing your new live rig with a revolutionary interface designed to let you bring software instruments and effects to the stage.
Built for live performance, MainStage lets keyboardists, guitarists, and other musicians perform with software instruments and effects through a full-screen interface designed specifically for the stage.
- New View for the Stage - MainStage features a stunning 3D interface created for the stage, providing just the information you need for your live show.
- Keyboard Racks - Get started quickly using keyboard templates featuring Studio Instruments and Studio Effects, or build your own custom rack with personalized sounds, layers, and splits.
- Templates - MainStage helps you quickly customize your live rig by offering a wide selection of templates designed for different instruments and performance styles.
- Hardware Control - From keyboards and drum pads to pedal boards and control surfaces, you can use any MIDI or USB controller with MainStage.
- Guitar Rigs - Find the perfect tone right out of the box with guitar templates featuring Guitar Amp Pro, or build your own custom rig that you can control with hardware pedal boards.
- Made for Performance - MainStage provides stability under even the most demanding conditions, so you can perform live with confidence.
Soundtrack Pro 2 - Create cinematic sound with powerful editing tools, surround mixing, and a streamlined design that lets you fly through audio post-production for picture.
Completing the bridge between sound and picture, Soundtrack Pro 2 allows musicians to take their creative inspirations to the screen. Comprehensive editing tools, surround mixing, and seamless integration with Final Cut Pro make audio post-production a breeze.
- Streamlined Multitrack Interface - A single-window design and an integrated multichannel audio editor simplify the audio post-production process and let you focus on creating and editing great sound.
- Dialogue Tools - Record, edit, and restore dialogue quickly, easily, and with precision using the Multitake Editor, Lift & Stamp audio matching, and automatic find and fix features.
- Mixing for Picture - Create mixes for film and video projects in both stereo and cinematic surround. Save time and effort by creating simultaneous surround and stereo mixes in the same project.
- Advanced Audio Editing - Professional tools designed for post-production include spectrum view editing, tape-style scrubbing, and the multichannel Waveform Editor.
- Sound Design - Create pristine soundtracks using thousands of royalty-free sound effects and music beds, or customize sounds with action-based editing. Accurately spot sound to picture with the 3-up multipoint spotting display.
- Compatibility - Seamlessly collaborate with the world of Final Cut editors and easily share projects and files between Soundtrack Pro 2 and other popular audio and video applications.
Studio Instruments - Produce and play nearly any sound imaginable with the largest set of instrument plug-ins available in a single box
Featuring 40 powerful instrument plug-ins seamlessly integrated into Logic Pro 8 and MainStage, Studio Instruments provides the largest software instrument package available in a single box.
- Ultrabeat - Build big beats with Ultrabeat, expanded with more than 50 new drum kits featuring 400 new patterns and over 1000 new sounds. Step automation and Full View drum grid editing give you more power than ever.
- Sculpture - Create expressive and unusual sounds in mono, stereo, and full surround with the world most advanced component modeling instrument. New True Surround features allow you to animate sound through surround space.
- Synths - Produce beautiful synth beds and driving bass lines with an array of FM, subtractive, and analog-modeled synthesizers. The flagship ES2 synth now features surround panning and modulation effects and a simplified Macro view.
- EXS24 Sampler - Play over 1300 EXS instruments included in the Studio Sound Library, and quickly make sample instruments and sample libraries with the integrated, redesigned EXS Editor.
- Vintage Instruments - Play fully modeled simulations of vintage keyboards, including classic organs, clavs, and electric pianos.
Studio Effects - From vintage compressors to amp models, 80 effect plug-ins give you a wide variety of ways to craft distinctive sound.
Enhance music productions, live performance, and post-production projects with 80 professional effect plug-ins.
- Delay Designer - Build creative delay effects in stereo or full surround with the new multi-tap delay plug-in.
- Guitar Amp Pro - Recall classic tones with a guitar amp plug-in featuring 11 amp models, 15 speaker cabinets, microphone controls, and a dedicated effects section.
- Creative Effects - Transform audio and create shifting fields of sound using advanced reverb, modulation, vintage, warped, and delay plug-ins.
- Space Designer - Reproduce the reverberant qualities of some of the world most distinctive locations in stereo or full surround - with over 130 new spaces and new surround controls.
- Production Effects - Fine-tune your audio production with a range of superb-sounding plug-ins. A new Surround Compressor lets you compress multichannel surround sources, and a redesigned Multipressor displays all controls for all bands in a single window.
Studio Sound Library - 18,000 Apple Loops, 2400 channel strip settings, and 1300 sampled instruments provide infinite possibilities for making your music.
Thousands of channel strip settings, Apple Loops, sound effects, and EXS sampled instruments provide creative fuel for music creation, production, and performance. New surround content allows you to build beautiful, immersive productions.
- Jam Packs - The Studio Sound Library comes with five Jam Pack collections, featuring redesigned content that incorporates the professional sound quality of Studio Instruments and Studio Effects.
- Channel Strip Settings - 2400 professionally-designed channel strip settings offer combinations of Studio Instruments and Studio Effects that can be used right out of the box or customized to fit your personal sound.
- Surround Sound - Move your productions into surround using 600 royalty-free surround channel strip settings and over 1000 multichannel sound effects and music beds.
- Apple Loops - 18,000 royalty-free Apple Loops let you build a rhythm, grab a melodic phrase, or simply sketch out an arrangement. Create and tag your own loops with the included Apple Loops Utility.
- EXS Instruments - 1300 EXS instruments provide a world of beautifully sampled, authentic sounds.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Upgrade Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later|
|Min CPU||Mac computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor (PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor highly recommended|
|Min HDD||7 GB|
|Min RAM||1 GB (2GB or more highly recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive|
|Other Software Requirements||QuickTime 7.2 or later|
Minimum requirements to install all applications
- Mac computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor (PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor highly recommended)
- 1GB of RAM (2GB or more highly recommended)
- Display with 1024-by-768 resolution (1280-by-800 or higher recommended)
- Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
- QuickTime 7.2 or later
- DVD drive for installation
- PCI Express, ExpressCard/34, USB, or FireWire audio interface recommended
Available Disk Space:
- 7GB to install all applications and required content
- Additional 39GB to install all optional content (large content packages can be installed on separate disk):
- 10GB for Jam Pack collections
- 16GB for sound effects
- 6GB for surround music beds
- 7GB for other optional content
- DVD containing Logic Pro 8, MainStage, Soundtrack Pro 2, Studio Instruments, Studio Effects, WaveBurner 1.5, Compressor 3, Impulse Response Utility, Apple Loops Utility, QuickTime 7 Pro, and required content
- Six content DVDs containing Jam Pack collections, sound effects, surround music beds, EXS24 samples, and impulse response files
- Demo content DVD
- Printed and electronic documentation
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.