Apple Logic Express 7.2
Logic Express 7.2 gives you the ability to take full advantage of the next generation of Mac computers. Songwriters can produce impressive demo songs by incorporating Audio recordings, sample-based sounds and virtual instruments entirely on the computer. Enjoy enhanced support for prominent thrid-party products, as well as project compatibility with GarageBand 3. Logic Express 7.2 also provides support for Stereo Rewire objects and now clearly labels the incoming Rewire streams to reflect the source application. Logic Express 7.2 allows you to play back AAC and Apple Lossless files directly with no need for conversion. This feature ensures project compatibility with Garageband 3 and offers great sonic quality with the convenience of smaller file sizes.
Logic Express lets you produce a convincing demo of your band, create a remix of your favourite track or score QuickTime movies. This affordable virtual studio integrates a rich feature set for both music and audio production in one application. In addition to the Apple Loops you're familiar with from GarageBand, you'll enjoy the wide variety of software instruments. These provide, for example, faithful emulations of vintage keyboard classics as well as synthetic sounds, ranging from digital to virtual analogue. Composers and music theory teachers will also appreciate the full-featured score editor.
Professional Multi-channel Recording
Record a complete band in Logic Express with seamless integration of professional multi-channel audio hardware. In contrast to GarageBand, this enables you to record up to 12 instruments at the same time. Then you can tweak each of these tracks with hyper-precise editors. High resolution audio of up to 24-bit/96kHz, the adaptive self-configuring track mixer as well as 32-bit floating point maths provide pro sound quality.
Grow Your Own Loops
Aspiring remixers and electronic music composers can't live without loops. Logic Express offers the familiar Apple Loops browser of GarageBand, hosting a multitude of Apple Loops. Browse quickly through the largest libraries simply by specifying instrument, genre or mood. Preview them instantly at your song's tempo and pitch. Drop software instrument Apple Loops into a track, and Logic Express configures the channel strip automatically. What's more, you can construct your own Apple Loops from conventional audio files such as recordings or bounced phrases produced with software instruments using the Apple Loop Utility.
High-Quality Software Instruments and Plug-Ins
For in-depth sound creations, the range of synthesizers provided in Logic Express proves itself as a priceless resource. Offering a richer set of parameters, they feature precise control on every single shade of the sound. Seamlessly integrated in the Track Mixer, you can effortlessly record and edit parameter changes.
The stylish, accessible FM synthesiser EFM1 creates a wide range of digital sounds that characterised the music of the 80s. Generating the sounds from frequency modulation technology, you can play crystal-clear bells as well as deep bass or string pads. The virtual analogue beast ES1 provides sounds to enrich every production - from massive basses to rich pads or ultra-sharp percussion. Plug-ins like EQ and Reverb provide precision treatment of your sound. Others, such as the Autofilter and Guitar Amp, invite you to experiment wildly.
Songwriters can produce impressive demo songs by incorporating audio recordings, sample-based sounds and virtual instruments entirely on the computer. But users will find it easy to share compositions with other musicians in a traditional way with Logic Express as well, since it now houses the full-featured score editor from Logic Pro, for simply stunning results.
- GarageBand Integration: import GarageBand projects and take them to the next level.
- Effects: add any combination of 37 high-quality effect plug-ins to the mix.
- Instruments: compose with 18 expressive software instrument plug-ins. *
- Apple Loops: select from more than 1,000 Apple Loops to add color to any song.
- Multi-track Input/Output: use up to 12 input and output audio channels. **
- Automation: record control settings for mixing, effects, and software instruments.
- Notation: create, edit, and print music scores with comprehensive notation editor.
- iTunes Integration: import and export songs from iTunes to hear tracks on your iPod.
- Track Mixer: Record, mix, and adjust on up to 255 stereo tracks on 8 audio buses.
- No Hardware Limits: freeze tracks to expand plug-in capacity during production.
- MIDI Editing: enjoy fine control of MIDI editing and processing.
- Easy Setup: use the Setup Assistant for easy system configuration.
- Customization: customize your setup with user-definable key and MIDI commands.
- Professional Audio: edit with high-quality audio resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz. ***
- Virtual Studio: layering up to 64 simultaneous software instrument tracks.
* USB or MIDI controller recommended
** Separate audio interface required
*** Separate hard drive recommended for high-resolution audio tracks
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Mac OS X v10.3 or later|
|Min CPU||PowerPC G4 or faster processor (G5 or dual G4 processors recommended)|
|Min HDD||4 GB|
|Min RAM||512 MB|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive|
|Other Software Requirements||Available USB port for XSKey (copy protection)|
- Macintosh computer with PowerPC G4 or faster processor (G5 or dual G4 processors recommended)
- 512MB of RAM
- Mac OS X v10.3 or later
- 4GB of available hard drive space
- DVD drive for software installation
- Available USB port for XSKey (copy protection)
- Low-latency multi-I/O audio hardware and MIDI interface recommended
- Separate hard drive recommended for high-resolution audio tracks
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.