Apple iLife 2008
Never has it been so simple to get so much out of your photos, video, and music--and to share your memories with friends and family. The powerful new Events feature works the same way your memory does, automatically organizing your photos and video by the events where they were taken. The completely reinvented iMovie collects all your video clips in one library where you can make movies in seconds with drag-and-drop ease. GarageBand makes it simple to produce great music, whether you're an accomplished musician or you've never played a note. You can showcase photos and movies online with a few clicks in a .Mac Web Gallery, create stunning websites, photo books, calendars, DVDs, and much more. All with the new Apple iLife '08.Apple iLife '08 includes:
- .Mac Web Gallery
- New in iPhoto '08 - Don't be daunted by all those digital photos you've been taking. Have fun with them. Share them by email or create amazing web pages, cards and calendars. iPhoto automatically organizes your photo library and makes editing as easy as clicking your mouse--so you can get the most out of even the biggest collection.
- .Mac Web Gallery - In iPhoto '08, it's easy to share photos with friends and family. With a couple of clicks, you can send an Event or photo album to your personal .Mac Web Gallery, where visitors can enjoy your photos, download high-quality images, or even contribute photos of their own from a Mac or PC.
- Powerful editing tools - Your photographic talents are legendary. But even the pros take photos that need a little work. With iPhoto, improving photos is almost as easy as snapping them. You have a whole palette of retouching tools and an array of effects to play with. And all of your edits are nondestructive--so you can always go back to the "negative" if need be.
- New in iMovie '08 - iMovie '08 makes viewing and working with video as intuitive as enjoying your photos. A built-in library automatically organizes your video, so all the clips you've captured and movies you've created are just a click away. With its revolutionary interface, iMovie makes it quick and easy to browse your library and create new movies. And iMovie is built for sharing. In just a few steps, you can add movies to your website, publish them on YouTube, and create versions for iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV.
- New video library - iMovie makes it easy to view, explore, and enjoy your video. All of your video clips and movies are automatically organized in the iMovie library, where you can browse by Events or use simple search tools to find specific videos.
- View and share anywhere - One of the great things about digital video is that it can be shared with friends, family, and the world. And iMovie lets you share in many different ways. Every online sharing option lets you "tell a friend" about your newest creation with an email announcement, complete with a link to the web page where your video can be viewed.
- New in GarageBand '08 - Welcome to your personal recording studio -- where its easy to make a song whether youre a first-time musician or a seasoned pro. With GarageBand, you can create your own virtual on-stage band and play along on your favourite instrument. You can record, edit and mix a song exactly as you want it, in pristine CD quality. Its the perfect place to get your act together.
- Magic GarageBand - Get the creative juices flowing. Bring the band together and let Magic GarageBand generate a new song. Create a virtual jam session or use the song project as a starting point to create your next hit.
- Arrangements - Most songs are arranged in distinct sections: introduction, verse and chorus. GarageBand brings this kind of structure to your song. With the different sections clearly defined, you can rearrange your song at any time.
- New in iWeb '08 - iWeb makes it easy to create a website that's stunningly beautiful--and totally you. Start with an Apple-designed theme, then customize it with your own text, photos, movies, and podcasts until it's exactly what you want. And switch themes with a click anytime.
- Google Maps and Google AdSense - iWeb makes it easy to incorporate some of Google's most useful features. With just a few clicks, you can add a fully interactive Google Map to your site. Or you can place Google AdSense ads on your pages and get Google credits every time a visitor clicks.
- Enhanced photo pages - Dream big when you think about making photo pages with iWeb. With a click, you can turn iPhoto albums and Events with hundreds of images into beautifully designed, customizable photo pages.
- New in iDVD '08 - Let your admiring audience enjoy those movies and slideshows in their living rooms. Quickly create a Hollywood-style disc with iDVD, using Apple-designed animated themes to give your DVD a gorgeous style from main screen to chapter selection. Ten new themes and snappier performance make iDVD more fun than ever.
- Better performance - iDVD is more responsive, so the creative process is faster and more fun. Rapidly switch among themes as you try out different looks for your menus. Quickly navigate between menus. Preview your completed project with smoother real-time playback.
- Ten new animated themes. - iDVD lets you choose from more than 150 Apple-designed animated themes, including ten new theme families with coordinated designs for every screen in your DVD. Simply choose a theme, then drag your videos and photos into the drop zones to make them 100% yours.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later|
|Min CPU||Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 processor.|
|Min HDD||3 GB|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive|
|Other Software Requirements||QuickTime 7.2 or later|
- Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 processor.
- iMovie requires a Mac with an Intel processor, a Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0GHz or faster), or an iMac G5 (1.9GHz or faster).
- iDVD requires a 733MHz or faster processor.
- 512MB of RAM; 1GB recommended. High-definition video requires at least 1GB of RAM.
- Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later.
- 3GB of available disk space.
- DVD drive required for installation.
- QuickTime 7.2 or later.
- Other configurations may be supported. AVCHD video and 24-bit recording have additional requirements. Visit iMovie ’08 Camcorder Support for more information on AVCHD.
- 24-bit recording in GarageBand ’08 requires a Mac OS X compatible audio interface with support for 24-bit audio. Please consult the owners manual or manufacturer directly for audio device specification and compatibility.
- Burning DVDs requires an Apple SuperDrive or compatible third-party DVD burner.
- iPhoto print services are available in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and select European countries. Internet access required; fees and terms apply.
- iWeb requires Internet and web server access (.Mac recommended).
- Some features in iLife require .Mac. The .Mac service is available to persons age 13 and older. Annual membership fee and Internet access required. Terms and conditions apply.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.