Abbyy Finereader 9 Professional
ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Professional Edition is an intelligent, professional level OCR software for creating editable and searchable files from scanned documents, PDF files and digital camera images. ABBYY FineReader gives you the power to unlock the data inside paper-based documents, images, and PDF files to substantially enhance your productivity and efficiency. It is the only OCR application featuring ABBYY's Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT).
- Superior recognition accuracy and layout retention - The new version offers a 35% increase in accuracy, improvement of table detection and signature recognition.
- Re-creation of document logical structure and formatting with ADRT - Get ready-to-use documents with native Microsoft Office formatting elements.
- Digital Camera OCR - Convert snapshots into editable files in one step. The second-generation technology enables automatic line straightening and image resolution correction.
- Unmatched productivity - ABBYY FineReader 9.0 features an intelligent Results-Driven Interface guiding the user to the best OCR result in fewer clicks. With automatic language detection and optimization for multi-core processor machines, performing any OCR task is quicker and easier than ever.
The key features of ABBYY FineReader 9.0 include:
- Superior Recognition Accuracy and Layout Retention - ABBYY FineReader 9.0 delivers highest recognition accuracy and layout retention, even on difficult-to-read and low-quality images such as faxes. In the 9.0 version, overall accuracy has been increased by as much as 35 percent ** , especially on documents containing tables, legal documents, multilingual documents, and digital camera captured images. With the new document analysis algorithms, it also produces an improvement in layout retention by up to 32 percent ** .
- Re-creation of Document Logical Structure and Formatting -
With its intelligent Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT), ABBYY FineReader 9.0 analyzes the entire document rather than each page individually, and precisely reconstructs it with original layout, style and formatting attributes.
- Multilingual Document Recognition - ABBYY FineReader continues to lead in OCR language support and recognizes documents on 179 languages, including Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Armenian, scripting languages, and chemicals formulas. FineReader 9.0 simplifies OCR process by automatically detecting the language of a document and also allows users to select any combination of languages to recognize multilingual documents. It also includes dictionaries with spell-check capabilities for 36 languages. With the integrated Microsoft Word custom dictionary, FineReader also correctly recognizes texts including user specific words.
- Results-Driven Interface - ABBYY FineReader 9.0 offers a redesigned Results-Driven Interface that simplifies and shortens the recognition process and automatically highlights the best strategies for optimizing OCR results. Key functions of the program are easily accessible at the 'top-level' with less need to search through detailed 'drop down menus'. Key functionality is grouped together in special dialogue boxes to make it easier to perform key tasks. The new interface reduces the number of mouse clicks needed for popular document conversion tasks by as much as 40 percent ** .
- Second-Generation Digital Camera OCR - FineReader is the first recognition application that has introduced digital camera OCR capabilities. ABBYY FineReader intelligently identifies photographed documents and applies its adaptive recognition technology for camera images to ensure the best OCR results. With the digital camera OCR, FineReader gives you wider possibilities to quickly capture documents and convert them into editable and searchable electronic files even when you are on the go.
Accurate, Fast and Secure PDF Conversion
ABBYY FineReader 9.0 is an ideal PDF conversion and creation tool. The key PDF conversion features include:
- Creation of Searchable PDFs - FineReader keeps the text information as a separate layer from the image (text under image), making it available for search and retrieval purposes.
- Creation of Secured PDFs - ABBYY FineReader supports PDF security settings and allows users to set document Open and Permissions passwords in order to prevent unauthorized opening of documents or to restrict certain operations. It also complies with the latest encryption standards and respects access right protection.
- PDF for Web Publishing and Tagged PDF - All PDF files created in FineReader are optimized for publishing on the Web. In addition, with ABBYY FineReader you can create tagged PDF files optimized for handheld devices and screen-reader utilities.
Instant Screenshot OCR
FineReader 9.0 includes ABBYY Screenshot Reader utility for instant OCR. Screenshot Reader is an easy-to-use utility that lets you quickly capture screen images and allows you to perform 'instant' OCR from the screen. It is ideal for pulling text, tables, or images from Web browser pages, flash presentations, Windows Explorer file menus, or error messages. Screenshot Reader is also an ideal 'quick OCR' tool when you want to pull small quotes or a few sentences of text from a PDF or image file. ABBYY Screenshot Reader ships with ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Professional Edition as a bonus application for registered users.
Direct Export to a Variety of Applications - Enhanced
When you are converting documents for editing, ABBYY FineReader 9.0 exports the results directly to your favorite applications including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat/Reader. In addition, recognized text can be saved in a variety of file formats, including PDF, PDF/A, HTML, Microsoft Word XML, DOC/DOCX, RTF, XLS/ XLSX, PPT, DBF, CSV, TXT, and LIT.
You can launch ABBYY FineReader from within Microsoft Word, scan paper documents and put the recognized text into the document you are currently working on without leaving Word.What's New in ABBYY FineReader 9.0
Based on a breakthrough new recognition platform with Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT), ABBYY FineReader 9.0 is intelligent enough to automatically deliver editable files in native document formatting. It has been also enhanced with second-generation Digital Camera OCR, and offers enhanced task-driven processing, new output formats, and support for Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007. In addition, FineReader 9.0 improves recognition accuracy by up to 35 percent and layout retention by 32 percent compared to the previous generation of the software.
The new version also focuses on superior usability. The all-new Results-Driven user interface maximizes usability and efficiency through straightforward user guidance, anticipation of a user's logical next step, and a 40 percent reduction in the number of required mouse clicks to accomplish a task.
** According to internal tests
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||See Extra Details|
|Min CPU||PC with 1GHz processor or higher|
|Min HDD||250 MB|
|Min RAM||512 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Windows-compatible pointing device|
System Requirements:Recognition Languages
ABBYY FineReader 9.0 supports 179 recognition languages, including 36 languages with dictionary support. For languages with dictionary support you may use the FineReader spell-checking system.
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000 (SP2 or higher is recommended).
- PC with 1GHz processor or higher
- 512 MB of RAM, plus 512 MB of RAM for each additional processor core
- 250 MB of hard-disk space for typical installation and 512 MB of hard-disk space for program operation
- WAIN- or WIA-compliant scanner, digital camera or fax-modem
- XGA (1024x768) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
- Keyboard, mouse or other windows-compatible pointing device
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.