Abbyy Finereader 9 Corporate Upgrade
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: ABBYY
- Type: Retail Boxed, Upgrade Edition
- MPN: FRCEUW9XB
- Stock Code: 1204339
- More: ABBYY FineReader
- Availability: SOLD OUT
ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Corporate Edition is an intelligent OCR for the corporate environment. This product includes all of the powerful functionality of Professional Edition plus robust networking capabilities, including network installation, networked scanning device support and distributed OCR over a network. A special 'Hot Folder & Scheduling function supports scheduled OCR and automatic mailbox watching. This product lets you extract and reuse information from static documents for editing and archiving.
It delivers all the functionality of FineReader 9.0 Professional Edition plus powerful networking features:
- Concurrent Licenses - Can be shared among several users, offering organizations significant savings.
- Automated installation from the server onto several workstations, supports network scanning devices (MFPs and all-in-one devices) and OCR processing in a network.
- Distributed OCR divides OCR processing steps across the company network. Allows each user to perform a single step in the OCR process, distributing the workload.
- Shared user languages and dictionaries - Customized dictionaries created by adding special words can be used by multiple users simultaneously.
The key features of ABBYY FineReader 9.0 include:
- Superior Recognition Accuracy and Layout Retention - ABBYY FineReader 9.0 delivers highest recognition accuracy and layout retention, even on difficult-to-read and low-quality images such as faxes. In the 9.0 version, overall accuracy has been increased by as much as 35 percent ** , especially on documents containing tables, legal documents, multilingual documents, and digital camera captured images. With the new document analysis algorithms, it also produces an improvement in layout retention by up to 32 percent ** .
- Re-creation of Document Logical Structure and Formatting -
With its intelligent Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT), ABBYY FineReader 9.0 analyzes the entire document rather than each page individually, and precisely reconstructs it with original layout, style and formatting attributes.
- Multilingual Document Recognition - ABBYY FineReader continues to lead in OCR language support and recognizes documents on 179 languages, including Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Armenian, scripting languages, and chemicals formulas. FineReader 9.0 simplifies OCR process by automatically detecting the language of a document and also allows users to select any combination of languages to recognize multilingual documents. It also includes dictionaries with spell-check capabilities for 36 languages. With the integrated Microsoft Word custom dictionary, FineReader also correctly recognizes texts including user specific words.
- Results-Driven Interface - ABBYY FineReader 9.0 offers a redesigned Results-Driven Interface that simplifies and shortens the recognition process and automatically highlights the best strategies for optimizing OCR results. Key functions of the program are easily accessible at the 'top-level' with less need to search through detailed 'drop down menus'. Key functionality is grouped together in special dialogue boxes to make it easier to perform key tasks. The new interface reduces the number of mouse clicks needed for popular document conversion tasks by as much as 40 percent ** .
- Second-Generation Digital Camera OCR - FineReader is the first recognition application that has introduced digital camera OCR capabilities. ABBYY FineReader intelligently identifies photographed documents and applies its adaptive recognition technology for camera images to ensure the best OCR results. With the digital camera OCR, FineReader gives you wider possibilities to quickly capture documents and convert them into editable and searchable electronic files even when you are on the go.
Accurate, Fast and Secure PDF Conversion
ABBYY FineReader 9.0 is an ideal PDF conversion and creation tool. The key PDF conversion features include:
- Creation of Searchable PDFs - FineReader keeps the text information as a separate layer from the image (text under image), making it available for search and retrieval purposes.
- Creation of Secured PDFs - ABBYY FineReader supports PDF security settings and allows users to set document Open and Permissions passwords in order to prevent unauthorized opening of documents or to restrict certain operations. It also complies with the latest encryption standards and respects access right protection.
- PDF for Web Publishing and Tagged PDF - All PDF files created in FineReader are optimized for publishing on the Web. In addition, with ABBYY FineReader you can create tagged PDF files optimized for handheld devices and screen-reader utilities.
Direct Export to a Variety of Applications - Enhanced
When you are converting documents for editing, ABBYY FineReader 9.0 exports the results directly to your favorite applications including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat/Reader. In addition, recognized text can be saved in a variety of file formats, including PDF, PDF/A, HTML, Microsoft Word XML, DOC/DOCX, RTF, XLS/ XLSX, PPT, DBF, CSV, TXT, and LIT.
You can launch ABBYY FineReader from within Microsoft Word, scan paper documents and put the recognized text into the document you are currently working on without leaving Word.
ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Corporate and Site Licence Editions are designed for corporate environments and workgroups and deliver a range of networking features allowing organizations to install the program on as many workstations as necessary and share document conversion processes across a corporate network. The key features include:
- Network installation
- Concurrent licensing
- Support for multi-function printers and digital copiers
- Distributed document processing
- Hot Folder and scheduling with e-mail box watching
Based on a breakthrough new recognition platform with Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT), ABBYY FineReader 9.0 is intelligent enough to automatically deliver editable files in native document formatting. It has been also enhanced with second-generation Digital Camera OCR, and offers enhanced task-driven processing, new output formats, and support for Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007. In addition, FineReader 9.0 improves recognition accuracy by up to 35 percent and layout retention by 32 percent compared to the previous generation of the software.
The new version also focuses on superior usability. The all-new Results-Driven user interface maximizes usability and efficiency through straightforward user guidance, anticipation of a user's logical next step, and a 40 percent reduction in the number of required mouse clicks to accomplish a task.
** According to internal tests
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Upgrade Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||See Extra Details|
|Min CPU||PC with 1GHz processor or higher|
|Min HDD||250 MB|
|Min RAM||512 MB|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Windows-compatible pointing device|
System Requirements:Recognition Languages
ABBYY FineReader 9.0 supports 179 recognition languages, including 36 languages with dictionary support. For languages with dictionary support you may use the FineReader spell-checking system.
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000 (SP2 or higher is recommended).
- PC with 1GHz processor or higher
- 512 MB of RAM, plus 512 MB of RAM for each additional processor core
- 250 MB of hard-disk space for typical installation and 512 MB of hard-disk space for program operation
- WAIN- or WIA-compliant scanner, digital camera or fax-modem
- XGA (1024x768) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
- Keyboard, mouse or other windows-compatible pointing device
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.